HybridZ

Another Shock thread... Sorry

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I've been driving my car for about 2000 miles now, and everything seems to be coming in nicely which has me thinking about the loose ends that I still have yet to take care of from the build. I have a Cosmo coil over kit which runs higher spring rates than most of the other kits, I think it's 300 pounds in the rear, and 250 or so in the front. I have to double check that for sure but I know it's higher than most. Anyway, it's time to start considering sectioning the struck tubes, and that has me looking for shock incerts.

The shock thread that's pinned on this forum is like reading a novel… And it's kind of old. Is there any sort of new product that anybody would like to share? Also has anyone used the actual Cosmo coil over kit with a shorter strut successfully? My goal is to actually have a spine left after driving this car long distances :-)

As you can see from the attached picture, I'm using stock length struts. And it's keeping the nose quite high. In the twisty mountain roads it causes a bit of corner entry understeer, and it doesn't look all that great either… The Koni orange shocks that I'm using right now seem to keep the springs under good control, but they are at the maximum setting for their adjustible valving.

Any advice would be appreciated :-)

post-47983-0-78486800-1448543571_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Blob1620

All the information in the strut thread is still legit. I suggest the Bilstien P30-0032s for what you are doing. If it's part of a strut sectioning effort then you don't need to worry about sourcing the correct gland nuts.

The shocks come with a male and female gland nut. You weld the female nut to the top of the sectioned strut tube after opening up the ID enough to clear the shock body.

• 1 month later...