HybridZ

240ZG Color - Maroon

jfox8

You can get that color in the states. My friend painted a customer car that color. He gave Sherwin-Williams the paint code and they mixed the wine red metallic. You need to just tell whoever is painting your car what color you want and let them handle it or go to the paint supplier and have them pull it up. The internet isn't that great a resource most of the time. You may have to try a couple different paint places. I've seen on numerous occasions that one paint mfg doesn't have a color. Call the next guy on the list and they will have a mix code for what you are looking for.

You can get that color in the states. My friend painted a customer car that color. He gave Sherwin-Williams the paint code and they mixed the wine red metallic.

Nissan's #116 'Grand Prix Maroon' is most definitely not "wine red metallic".

It's a solid, non-metallic, dark chestnut brown. The 'Maroon' name might make people think it's more red than brown, but it's not a maroon shade at all. The name of the colour was one of those Lost In Translation mistakes, and it was meant to be 'Marron' (French for Chestnut...).

OP - You can get really close to it if you search through 1980s Opel colour charts. There's also a modern Ford Europe colour (used on Fiestas) that's pretty close.

The internet isn't that great a resource most of the time.

It's just a case of distinguishing who knows what they are talking about, and who doesn't.

HS30-H-

While I have to admit that I sometimes get tired of your fender flare critiques, you incredible contribution toward this OP and your in-depth knowledge and wisdom regarding the history of the marque truly make you an invaluable asset to our internet group. Thank you so much for your contributions and for putting up with redneck hacks like me. Please have patience with us and stick around-we really appreciate you. I read every post that you contribute and consider myself more informed for it.

Edited by RebekahsZ