HybridZ

Bm57 z32 brake master 1 1/16th" issue - prop/np valve deletion and new lines?

Since the day I purchased my car the brakes have been questionable. I have very limited pedal travel and the brakes lock up 75% with very little effort and travel. I'm inclined to think they don't lock up all the way, but I never get the chance to push this because the car stops so quickly from the quick engagement. When I slam the brakes I can feel the front rotors slipping, granted to "slam the brakes" is like .75" pedal travel.

I was planning on overhauling the entire brake system when I install my t3 wilwood front brake set. I discovered today that my car actually has a bm57 z32 master cylinder installed, and my booster is so large it is touching the clutch master (assuming 10").

There a number of issues with the install.

- F and R off the brake master do not land at the np valve where they do stock, I believe the PO has this backwards. This also explains why I don't think I'm achieving 100% lockup, the rear is biased too heavy because front/rear are swapped.

- The bm57 has an integrated prop valve if I'm not mistaken. That means I need to delete the np valve and the rear prop valve, right? Do I just replace these with distribution fittings?

- Is the bm57 z32 bmc and larger booster even a good choice for the Toyota calipers I have at all 4 corners right now?

Thanks

Car is a 72 240z, Toyota disk swap all 4 corners, z32 bmc, 10" booster.

Edited by 1vicissitude

We put the entire z32 brake system on the 74 z. Used T3 Rear setup. Used a vendor on hear bought the Honda Odessey front rotors machined for the z32 front callipers.

The master cylinder from the z32 was way over boosted. Initial brake application had immediate lock up.

We switched to the 280zx master cylinder, system works well. Has a little to quick braking. Will be trying different pads to see if that will soften the innitial bites.