HybridZ

Exposed's 1jz Build

20180310_104313.thumb.jpg.fb09da7c63d848636d7ac3946bef0959.jpg20180310_104258.thumb.jpg.7b309f232e9355359794f70cc3eb6d14.jpg20180310_104139.thumb.jpg.2ac4944c9dd06bde2110e17bf0f3c1ce.jpg

not the best pictures but i have about 3in of room of either side. the front of the transmission is about 4inch past the firewall. with the serial nine shifter it lines up almost perfectly. Im running an R200 with 3.54 diff, not to sure which one though was put in by the PO

Edited by Exposed

You think about running a triangular gusset onto from the box portion of your mount to the flat portion of your mount?

Right now you can get a decent amount of flex laterally on that bend of the angle iron you used. Boxing that in would prevent a possibly very catastrophic failure.

Maybe you're ok, but I'm always more of the mindset of, the only way to do it is to overdo it.

On 3/8/2018 at 8:02 AM, Exposed said:

@softopz two of the wheels are 16x10 with 5" outer barrels the other two are 16x10.5 with 5.5" outer barrels. It leaves me with about 1.5"~2" of space from the coilovers. I can take exact measurements if you'd like.

Love20Bee makes some AMAZEBALLS wheels. I follow him on insta and havent had the heart to fork out for his wheels yet...

What rubber are you going to run?... I thought our only choice was R888...and we know how that goes with Canadian weather lol

I found him through instagram as well, as for tires I grabbed a pair of R888.....lol. I had been bouncing back and forth between them and a BFgoodrich but ended up going with the Toyo's because a local shop had rebates on them. From speaking to some of the local guys here they don't seem horrible, fingers crossed they perform well.

Will hopefully be getting the car tuned in the next couple weeks just need to finish connecting some sensors, does anyone see anything that should be added to the list below?

-Full of fuel

-check for leaks

-check tire condition

-battery is charged

-fresh oil

and photo from one of last years meets.

IMG_20180314_144524_530.thumb.jpg.58676861d55b9948f7b8edc1c4e47986.jpg

Edited by Exposed

On 3/13/2018 at 9:23 AM, Exposed said:

I found him through instagram as well, as for tires I grabbed a pair of R888.....lol. I had been bouncing back and forth between them and a BFgoodrich but ended up going with the Toyo's because a local shop had rebates on them. From speaking to some of the local guys here they don't seem horrible, fingers crossed they perform well.

I'm running an old set of  255/50/r16 BFG's and thinking about making a switch to the r888. Let me know how it goes for you!

On 3/8/2018 at 11:02 AM, Exposed said:

@softopz two of the wheels are 16x10 with 5" outer barrels the other two are 16x10.5 with 5.5" outer barrels. It leaves me with about 1.5"~2" of space from the coilovers. I can take exact measurements if you'd like.

What tire size and brand do you plan on going with?

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Exposed said:

so currently have the car at the shop that's going to be tuning it, has anyone run into not enough/ low spark before?

I ran into it on a different engine. Bought a hks DLI and that solved it. For these cars though it could be due to cracks in the boot on the coil, or just an old worn out coil. Could also be too much spark plug gap.

If it's none of the above and you're shopping for coils there are a ton of aftermarket solutions for people on stand alone ecu's. Everything from R35 GTR coils to GM truck coils, even Mercury Marine coils have been used on these motors.

I'll ask the shop to check the gap on my plugs, coils are less than a year old, I double checked them before I sent the car to the tuner but I'll ask them to check this as well. They're thinking its the wiring pin out, upon searching for some answers I think I may have found something. I purchased my harness from wiring specialties roughly two years ago, I found a video on youtube from wiring specialties titled "repinning Jz connector" that was posted a year ago. I contacted them and they said that the video applys to "the first couple of harnesses had ignition pin off by 1 pin. If the car ran, you are all good." I figure it doesnt hurt to check.

I also asked the tuner about just switching out for smart coils, he recommended finding whats causing the issue before switching them out though.

Appreciate the speedy response Geno. @Geno750 where did you get your AEM coil plate from?