HybridZ
Exposed

Exposed's 1jz Build

it's one thing after another. Now that everything is pretty much wired up I tried to start up the car with the key..it'll run for half a second then it dies out, hoping its as simple as cleaning my iacv. If cleaning the iacv doesn't work I'll look into the ecu or the tps, fingers crossed.

found what the issue was, figured I'd try repairing it before buying a new ecu.

3wgsz.jpg

Finally got the engine going after the repair and its currently running fine for now, just need to fart around to get a good idle.

Edited by Exposed

havent had much time to post anything lately because of work and all but i seem to only run into prob'ems with this build. Ecu was repaired and i firgured everything was good to go. well i was wrong I cant get the engine to rev past 2200rpm. i went to pull some codes and came up with code 41 which is for the throttle position sensor signal, open or short in tps signal, ecu.

i tested an ecu off of a local soarer and same problem so i ruled it out, went to the local parts source and grabbed a new tps sensor plugged it in and still the same. The wiring harness is brand new and from wiring specialities so i ruled that out too. inspected my coil pacls and noticed some of them had cracks in the so im going to purchase some new coils tomorrow morning. assuming its not the coils does anyone else have suggestions?

havent had much time to post anything lately because of work and all but i seem to only run into prob'ems with this build. Ecu was repaired and i firgured everything was good to go. well i was wrong I cant get the engine to rev past 2200rpm. i went to pull some codes and came up with code 41 which is for the throttle position sensor signal, open or short in tps signal, ecu.

i tested an ecu off of a local soarer and same problem so i ruled it out, went to the local parts source and grabbed a new tps sensor plugged it in and still the same. The wiring harness is brand new and from wiring specialities so i ruled that out too. inspected my coil pacls and noticed some of them had cracks in the so im going to purchase some new coils tomorrow morning. assuming its not the coils does anyone else have suggestions?

I scrapped the toyota Ecu and went with Microtech...best money i ever spent!!! Started up right away!

The cracked coil packs will cause shuddering and knocking ...you should stil be able to rev it. Does it struggle? Idle smooth, revs smooth to 2200?  have you checked the voltage signal going to the TPS? one wire should be voltage, one reference and the other signal

@Greeko, when the tps sensor is connected its a choppy idle, that goes for the revs too. will check my voltage signal going to the tps and post it.

Got a couple goodies right after Christmas, got most of it installed. I started all new wiring in the car a little while ago and at first I thought it was a nightmare. After a bit of research and a lot of questions I think I'm just about finished it. Will post some more pictures later on. For any "first timers" thinking of completely rewiring the car Id recommend you plan a lot before jumping in like I did.

aoqq7k.jpg

9fxfye.jpg

dfyvjs.jpg

2ii96s9.jpg

ftqbz5.jpg

theyre from speedhut the bigger ones are 41/2" and the smaller ones are 25/8". ill toss up some pictures of the finished product. Ended up painting the mounts i made in black instead of leaving them silver like in the pictures.

theyre from speedhut the bigger ones are 41/2" and the smaller ones are 25/8". ill toss up some pictures of the finished product. Ended up painting the mounts i made in black instead of leaving them silver like in the pictures.

Nice! These are the ones im looking at.

Definitely post some of the finished product. 

Thanks, ended up taking about 15 hours for the stitching and then a bit more time to actually put it on, haven't finished the glove box either. I didn't go the bondo route however I did fix the cracks prior to covering them up was worried I'd be able to see the cracks through the material once it was stretched out.

nt3yq.jpg

@Calz the cover is all from scratch. An upholsetry buddy gave me a hand with the stitching. The pattern was just a picture in my head, sketched it out and then figured it was something id like to see happen. As far as the material goes it didn't stretch much at all we had to do a lot of "invisible seams".

et8m1e.jpg

I think I've finally finished the dash. Happy with the final product for now.

sdeplz.jpg

2na2oua.jpg

Placed an order on some goodies last week and my air dam and turn signals came in. Found some time this weekend and got them mounted up, just waiting on the rest of the order now.

Is it normal to have a big empty space between my air dam and the chrome bumper?

ei8acx.jpg

Posted (edited)

haven't posted in awhile, works been a bit to busy. Found my passenger outer tie rod needed some replacing so I snagged myself some t3 goodies. Will update this a bit more tonight with some more progress pictures.

b7yyj6.jpg

2v0o711.jpg

Edited by Exposed