Photo

ebay radiator: 1.250" diameter inlet/outlet... issue?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scartail

scartail
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:49 PM

Hi all...

I just received a radiator off of ebay, and it has 1.250" diameter inlet/outlet (though was noted as having 1.4" in ebay ad, I should complain). What are the issues I may face with this? Are the smaller sized holes limiting it's performance notably? Can I use the oem hoses and tighten up on the hose clamps?

I recall someone else having this issue, but I can't find that thread. IIRC, he replace the inlet/outlet with 1.5" ports.

Any advice is appreciated.

77 280z 5-speed

#2 Miles

Miles
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:55 PM

If the inlet/outlet is too small,  and the hose inner diameter too large, you can buy hose reducer bushings at any auto parts store. If you want to spend the time you can find hoses that have different diameters at each end. Or you can buy a universal hose kit and make a Frankenstein hose.

No it won't effect performance and don't use hose clamps to make a hose fit on a smaller diameter inlet/outlet.  Do it right.

Edited by Miles, 10 December 2015 - 05:03 PM.

“Life is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without bothering everybody with a lot of questions, and then being unexpectedly called away before you find out how it ends.”    -Joseph Campbell

#3 scartail

scartail
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

Thanks Miles for  your advice.

77 280z 5-speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users