HybridZ

240z Keyless Entry System [Suggestions Please]

LyleSweet

I've been trying to find a full buy-in-one kit for a key-less entry system for my 73 240z but I can't seem to find one.  Does anyone know where I can purchase one?  I just want a fob to lock/unlock the doors remotely as I approach/leave the car.  I don't want a full alarm system, self start from my phone, etc.  Just a simply lock or unlock, trying to install power locks.  I may be using key-less entry and power locks interchangeably and apologize if they are separate terms.  There was a post on here from a few years ago regarding a SPAL kit, but I contacted them and they told me that they no longer sell that product and to seek it out elsewhere.

I'm nearly mechanically illiterate, so I'd prefer to buy a kit and take it somewhere to be installed rather than buy random pieces on eBay and put them together.  Any help on this would be very much appreciated!

Edited by LyleSweet

I had the Spahl system for a while and it gave up the ghost. I went to replace it and ran into the same issue with the NLA thing.

I opted for this Pyle unit http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PWD701/4-Button-Car-Remote-Door-Lock-Vehicle-Security-System

It worked for me as I already had the door lock solenoids installed.

The black dragon kit looks pretty nice. 

Edited by Derek

I used a generic Autoloc two door kit for my wife's 280Z.

post-49674-0-81215400-1451311494_thumb.jpg

post-49674-0-67936300-1451311499_thumb.jpg

Welded some 1/8 inch steel mesh to the bottom of the key tumbler arm to connect to the lock solenoid.  Gave lots of adjustment options.  There was so much wear and slop in the joint of the key cylinder and the actuator arm that i had to weld a shim in place to avoid movement in unwanted directions.  Also had to reverse the wiring to the soleniods as in this setup the controller default operation was the opposite of the lock/unlock operation.  Sorry if the pictures are unclear, I could only get my phone inside the door as there was no room for a quality camera.