HybridZ

Blue dog setbacks, now the head, need pointers

Kevkev5162

So I dove in, spent over 1000 so far in parts with out doing all my homework first. After looking for a replacement exhaust manifold discovered that I have a n42 block with p90 head. Everyone seems to want them for turbo builds but having just put a Holley 390 and Bob sharp intake and a turbo is not the way I want to go. I'm under the impression that unless the pi put flat top pistons my cr is gonna be 7.4. After alot of work I don't want to end up w a car that is less powerful than stock. So there's a few options, shave head, flat tops etc. I'm not ready for a top or bottom end overhaul right now. Is the logical solution to find someone that wants to trade a n42 w possibly some work done to it?there's one on eBay for 350 w spray bar? Is this fair? Wat should a p90 sell for, car has been running, idling, revved but not driven yet so p90 seems in good working order, thanks for any ideas all

This is osted in u build thread, done before alot of pars got ordered so car wasnt runing:

Today's project after a 10 hr work day: drain oil, run a cpl quarts through to try to flush out gasoline. I borrowed a compression tester and did a check. The car is not running so the test will come back 10-15psi lower than operating temp from what I've read, also traces of gas in oil I think may make it lower as well. My results came back as follows: cyl 1: 155, cyl2:140, cyl3:140, cyl4:150 cyl 5:130 cyl6:150.

I have a n42 head that I may could trade ? if you want a scope could tell you if you have dish pistons . those are good cold numbers but not really accurate they should come up when the engine is warm. Let me know I am kinda leaving the N/a world after owning a turbo car