HybridZ

Spartan thinking....

280zex

I dont know why but I have been seriously thinking about completely re-designing the interior of my 280Z. I'm talking about a total dash removal and cleaning up the firewall. I also would like to replace the steering column and re-do the gauge placement. I would like to place my tach gauge with a half moon style (big!) right in the middle of my steering column, just behind the steering wheel. Then have the other important gauges above and along side of that. I know enough about electronics to dis-assemble my current tach gauge and re-make that into a larger sweep, and to also show from 0 to 6500 rpms max. I also want to replace all my other analog gauges to digital and put in some other emergency type oil pressure/temp dummy lights. 

I already have a custom heater core and manifold I installed a few years back, so that part would be easy to do a slight redesign to do what it needs to.

I found a company that builds custom aluminum steering columns at a fair price. I will be able to use my current custom Italian hand made steering wheel but I may change that out as well.....

I will have to completely re-wire the Z for a wire tuck and new centralized fuse/relay panel.

What I dont know is what the 280z looks like with the dash and wire harness removed.....Time to do some research!!! 

I'd suggest you do an all in one digital dash. That's what Id do if I could have a do-over. Mine (there is a wideband in the far right hole now):

Yes I do like the all in 1 setups and I am currently on google looking at options. Yours is definately spartan and it looks a bit of a tight fit!