HybridZ

Wolf EMS?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have been doing the research - along with everyone else it seems - on which engine management system to purchase. I had thought that I wanted the SDS and have read the other posts about TEC II and SDS with great interest.

I also read what the RX7 group had to say about the Wolf EMS. I downloaded the Wolf manual and have to say that it has everything I ever wanted in a management system! It has a nifty hand (backlit!)controller which foregoes the need for a laptop. This would also keep me from having to mount that awful SDS box in my passenger compartment. It controls just about everything that you would ever need right out of the box: turbos, idle control, cold start enrichment, etc. It has memory chips for quick fuel map changes. The list goes on.

The only drawback I have seen is that it has fewer outputs than some of the other systems.

Any experiences here? I can't help but feel there is a reason this system is being ignored. As always, I want to know if it performs as well as the user manual reads.

Craig

I have indeed heard of wolf ems system. I have a buddy that was looking into enging managment systems and considered it. He was told by a couple customers of WOLF systems that thier customer service sucked, and they never did get the car to run right. One dude even swapped out to SDS and had no problems from then on.

You dont like the look of the SDS box? Um then why dontcha just take the thing off the end of the cable when your done tuning? Stick it in the glove box. I personally love SDS and wouldnt trade it for anything in its price range! Simple, yet very effective!

Evan

You certainly have the option of disconnecting it and putting it in the glovebox until needed. I just wonder why I hear so many negatives about a 4"x4" box that is offering up some valuable real-time data, especially for turbos. I used to find it valuable to glance at it and see the following:

- Intake Air Temp. We talk about reducing heat on turbo motors and this is where it counts the most. If you place the sensor on the intake (right behind the TB) you are seeing the temp of the intake charge as it enters the cylinders

- Total Timing. The total timing including whatever retard was programmed in

- Injector Duty Cycle

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

http://www.mindspring.com/~vscott911/gnz.html

Guest Anonymous

Craig,

I help a friend in his workshop on Saturday afternoons, and we still have a 300ZX Turbo with a Wolf system fitted. Admittedly we haven't concentrated on it but it's been here for about a year. I suppose Australia to the states would be difficult but we weren't that impressed with the Customer Service. Claims of 450HP from this system? I don't think so. Personally, I would prefer to use a Haltech, Motech or the like that is programmable via a laptop, provided you know and understand what you are doing. Luckily the guy I help out knows injection inside out.

quote:

Originally posted by idealz:

I have been doing the research - along with everyone else it seems - on which engine management system to purchase. I had thought that I wanted the SDS and have read the other posts about TEC II and SDS with great interest.

I also read what the RX7 group had to say about the Wolf EMS. I downloaded the Wolf manual and have to say that it has everything I ever wanted in a management system! It has a nifty hand (backlit!)controller which foregoes the need for a laptop. This would also keep me from having to mount that awful SDS box in my passenger compartment. It controls just about everything that you would ever need right out of the box: turbos, idle control, cold start enrichment, etc. It has memory chips for quick fuel map changes. The list goes on.

The only drawback I have seen is that it has fewer outputs than some of the other systems.

Any experiences here? I can't help but feel there is a reason this system is being ignored. As always, I want to know if it performs as well as the user manual reads.

Craig