HybridZ

Seibon hoods and Retro Spec parts

Arif

Hey guys I bought the carbon fiber fenders, headlight buckets and cowl from Retro-Spec. Unfortunately they don't make a hood so I was looking around the net and found Seibon cf hoods. My biggest question is the quality and the second is does the finish match the Retro Spec stuff? I'd like to hear from any that's running both on their car. Thanks.

I have the Seibon hood and the finish and fitment is great. Only downside, if you would called it that, is that is not carbon fiber through and through. Carbon fiber topped fiber glass is what it looks like on the inside. 

Some miscellaneous pix here: 

http://www.garaget.org/?car=335170

http://www.garaget.org/mypage/gallery.php?user=476&album=52320

• 1 month later...

I have heard good things about retro-spec parts so I made an order during their holiday sale. He beat MSA's prices and they're supposed to be shipped this weekend. I ordered an air dam and tall rear spoiler in glass so I can update when the parts arrive.

I have heard good things about retro-spec parts so I made an order during their holiday sale. He beat MSA's prices and they're supposed to be shipped this weekend. I ordered an air dam and tall rear spoiler in glass so I can update when the parts arrive.

Right on! Thanks, they do look good on the site. It will be nice to get some feedback.

I almost forgot about this thread. I bought the Seibon hood and compared it to the Retro Spec parts and they all look top notch. I did notice my flares are a bit thin but other than that they look the same and you really can't tell they're from a different company. Here are some pics.

20160108_105020.jpg

20160108_104654.jpg

20160108_104636.jpg

20160108_105046.jpg

• 3 months later...

Also interested in the weight of the hood, you'd be doing me a big help in deciding on a hood as I want to order one this week.

If you have any photos of the inside of the hood that would be awesome.

Been looking at Restored.JP hoods and Topstage hoods. 

In case anyone is looking it might help so here are the weights:

Restored cabon with FRP frame - 22lb/10kg

Restored Carbon with carbon frame - 14lb/6.4kg

Topstage carbon and FRP - 13lb/6kg

Top stage full carbon - 9.9lbs/4.5kg