HybridZ

Fuel Infection II (continued on Mike K.'s)

I believe that the TBI injectors CAN be upgraded. I've seen directions for doing so out there but it's been a loong time and I've lost track of the soource. The DIYEFI guys would be a VERY good source to ask about this IMO.

Hacking a GM ECU actually doesn't sound that bad to me if you can find software to do it that's easy enough to operate. I don't know about you but staring at HEX dumps trying to tweak on a motor that cost me a month's pay is a bit scary! I HAVE seen, and posses, some nice GUI software for tuning GN ECUs so perhaps something exists for regular GM stuff - if so I'm all ears - post an URL! Scotty - do you want the software I've got for your GN? Frankly older GM ECUs were pretty crude - pretty much like the older DFI setups. If you can figure out the wiring and the EPROM stuff doesn't bother you by all means go for it. I'll follow your lead :-)

P.S. Some tuners use a device in place of the EPROM to allow on the fly tuning. When the final program is reached that gets dumped to an EPROM. I wonder if this might be feasible?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just Received my Feb. 2001 edition of Chevy Performance and they had an article on Holly's Commander 950 Multi-Point Fuel Injection System. The article went through and explained the main features of this system and I have to say that this product really looks good. Hopefully, someone in our membership has tried this new system or knows someone who has. Any hands on feed back would be great. Here is a link to the Holly page that has the Commander 950 EFI system:

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/C950/C950.html

Like to here what you think.

Danno74z