HybridZ

71 240z rb20det fully fun slow project named candy build

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure about the RB20 trans, but the RB25 requires a Navara/D21/Nissan hardbody truck sender. Depending your ratio, you can swap the RB20 skyline gear onto it with a little fab work. Details are on this site. Good luck with the build! I love my RB-Z and will never let it go

My 280z speed sender never really worked. I swapped the skyline one in and it just reads low but it's consistent.

Thanks bro I was able to slid the speed gear in the rb20det trans with a little grinding to put the lock bolts thing on!

not sure about the RB20 trans, but the RB25 requires a Navara/D21/Nissan hardbody truck sender. Depending your ratio, you can swap the RB20 skyline gear onto it with a little fab work. Details are on this site. Good luck with the build! I love my RB-Z and will never let it go

I cant wait to drive this car! I know the rb25det has electronic speed sensor and the rb20det has the mechanical one. I swapped it on the stock one with a littkle fab just like you said.

I had time to play around with the 280z tank some more

• 2 weeks later...

Back at it! Got the walbro 255lph mounted up. All I did was mount the pump to some sheet metal I had laying around then mounted the it to some threaded holes(maybe for a optional stock efi pump?) and secured it down with some bolts a had laying around. Datsun/nissan really made this conversion pretty simple.The wiring for (green pos? and blk for ground) it is right there too! Here are some pics and a video. It took like 3 hours.

post-31657-0-17678900-1488239644_thumb.jpg post-31657-0-94362200-1488239662_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those looks more like flood lights than a headlight with a proper reflected housing. What does the light pattern look like?

Here is the link to exactly what I bought. Just the middle lights turn on with low beam, pattern unknown yet its been raining everyday since.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-7Inch-Round-150W-Total-CREE-LED-Headlights-Hi-Lo-97-16-JEEP-JK-TJ-LJ-Wrangler-/131788126071?hash=item1eaf2f3777:g:hCcAAOSw0UdXuqR9&vxp=mtr

I had purchased a half radiator and installed it using stock body bolt holes! This car is so mod friendly! Its a 2 core honda radiator with a shroud and fan. Evo and honda guys swear by them. I sourced info from here and pulled the trigger to try it out for the rb20det weekend warrior/garage queen.

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/607105-installed-ebay-civic-half-size-radiator.html

I will document temps and conditions as well. I just couldn't spend 350+ for custom rad + shroud +fan yet. 85 bucks later its installed.

• 1 year later...