#41 Wizzurp

Wizzurp

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

My 280z speed sender never really worked. I swapped the skyline one in and it just reads low but it's consistent.

#42 mtnickel

mtnickel

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, CANADA

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:43 PM

not sure about the RB20 trans, but the RB25 requires a Navara/D21/Nissan hardbody truck sender. Depending your ratio, you can swap the RB20 skyline gear onto it with a little fab work. Details are on this site. Good luck with the build! I love my RB-Z and will never let it go

#43 bestlowrida

bestlowrida

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Locationsilver spring.md

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

My 280z speed sender never really worked. I swapped the skyline one in and it just reads low but it's consistent.

Thanks bro I was able to slid the speed gear in the rb20det trans with a little grinding to put the lock bolts thing on!

not sure about the RB20 trans, but the RB25 requires a Navara/D21/Nissan hardbody truck sender. Depending your ratio, you can swap the RB20 skyline gear onto it with a little fab work. Details are on this site. Good luck with the build! I love my RB-Z and will never let it go

I cant wait to drive this car! I know the rb25det has electronic speed sensor and the rb20det has the mechanical one. I swapped it on the stock one with a littkle fab just like you said.

I had time to play around with the 280z tank some more

#44 bestlowrida

bestlowrida

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

Back at it! Got the walbro 255lph mounted up. All I did was mount the pump to some sheet metal I had laying around then mounted the it to some threaded holes(maybe for a optional stock efi pump?) and secured it down with some bolts a had laying around. Datsun/nissan really made this conversion pretty simple.The wiring for (green pos? and blk for ground) it is right there too! Here are some pics and a video. It took like 3 hours.

Attached File  datsun99.jpg   137.22KB   0 downloads Attached File  datsun100.jpg   78.05KB   0 downloads

#45 bestlowrida

bestlowrida

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

I installed the gas tank. I was able to reuse the 240z straps and filler neck. I bought new hoses and j bolts from lowes.

#46 bestlowrida

bestlowrida

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

I installed the shift knob, now to complete the rest of my interior lol its such a mess.

Attached File  datsun101.jpg   126.85KB   0 downloads

#47 bestlowrida

bestlowrida

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

I used those an tube adapter fittings on the hard lines for the feed and return. There is a video on how I did it.

I was trying to tie up some loose ends on the fuel system but found a cracked up vapor tank lol. Here's another video.

#48 bestlowrida

bestlowrida

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hey guys hope you are enjoying the videos, I installed the turbo back on the motor with new studs and cometic gasket!

#49 bestlowrida

bestlowrida

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Installed these LED headlights! I tested them before I installed them. They are bright! I don't recommend the ones with the box on the harness because it didn't it into my headlight housings.

#50 calZ

calZ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Those looks more like flood lights than a headlight with a proper reflected housing. What does the light pattern look like?

#51 bestlowrida

bestlowrida

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Those looks more like flood lights than a headlight with a proper reflected housing. What does the light pattern look like?

Here is the link to exactly what I bought. Just the middle lights turn on with low beam, pattern unknown yet its been raining everyday since.

http://www.ebay.com/...UdXuqR9&vxp=mtr

I had purchased a half radiator and installed it using stock body bolt holes! This car is so mod friendly! Its a 2 core honda radiator with a shroud and fan. Evo and honda guys swear by them. I sourced info from here and pulled the trigger to try it out for the rb20det weekend warrior/garage queen.

http://www.evolution...e-radiator.html

I will document temps and conditions as well. I just couldn't spend 350+ for custom rad + shroud +fan yet. 85 bucks later its installed.

#52 bestlowrida

bestlowrida

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 3 weeks ago

Did a quick led headlight review

Also installed the intercooler!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users