HybridZ

rev limiters

Guest kc6wfs

Yes, MSD makes one. MSD-8728. Summit Racing lists it for $94.95. This is the link to their page on it.

You might want to get extra modules to tune the limiter. It comes with 6000, 7000, and 8000 modules, but finer steps are in the optional packs.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages

Thanks Pete..

I bookmarked the site.

Took it for a run around the block again and got on it this time from a stop and not a 10mph rolling start and whew, lit the tires up. First sign if breaking loose it wanted to keep loose. Don't want to hurt anything by overreving. Tach and spedo not hooked up.

Glad to see the driveline is doing just fine.

I do need to tighten up the rear suspension though. Even with 1/2 throttle it seems like it in bottoming out. I have new KYB's and Ebosh(sp) springs and rear swaybar removed.

Any ideas anyone?????

Thanks..

Dave Booth

------------------

www.geocities.com/kc6wfs/240z.html

Hi Pete..

It's got new springs on there now.

It lowered it about 1" or so and are stiffer than stock. I'll try to find out the part number on the springs.

Ross.

Sounds good. Will it work with a stock type HEI unit???

Going to get the exhaust done right after the 1st.

Did you see my latest pics of the "Z"??

They are here. http://www.geocities.com/kc6wfs/newv8pics.html

Dave Booth

------------------

quote:

Originally posted by kc6wfs:

Ross.

Sounds good. Will it work with a stock type HEI unit???

Going to get the exhaust done right after the 1st.

Did you see my latest pics of the "Z"??

They are here.

Dave Booth

Great stuff Dave!:-) Any chevy with a swp I gotta like right off the bat wink.gif Yes, the crane units and MSD's work fine with stock HEI as you have. They usually reccomend installing their matching coil (crane or MSD) but this isn't mandatory AFAIK and that could be done later on at any time (and leave you with a spare coil, it is nice to have spare electric parts....). I'm running the matching crane coil but will have to see what my proflo says about ignition compatibilities etc as their must be some issues as it has full timing control.

Hey Dave, I've been offlist for a few days.....got your exhaust done?

I'd reccomend the Crane HI6 units as they're fully digital and rpm adjustments are simply by the dials on the unit, no pills/extra costs. I've still got mine new (HI6 fireball) in the box with HEI adaptor as I didn't get to installing it yet...(barely got motor installed to go racing last summer:-). If it's not needed with my new pro flo it's available.

Thanks Evan!!!!

Hay Ross..

If ya don't need it let me know and mabey we can work something out!!!

The HEI is working GREAT!!!!!

Took it about a mile from the house(Xmas morning!) a nice 2 mile straight away and for the 1st time came to a stop.. gunned it (to the floor)and lit the tires up for about 40 or so feet.. shifted to 2nd at 5500.. smoked the tires for about 30 feet... waited till 5000 and shifted and lit them up again!!!! I backed off at that point and slowly came off the gas.. Still open headers.. (Don't want warped valves!)

I was very happy nothing broke!!!!!!!!!!

Again I went home.. Heart still pounding.. Had a smoke.. Opened a MGD... Put the hood on the car and waxed her again!!!!!

Dave Booth

------------------

Oh Ross.. Ment to ask ya..

I think you are running a 700R4 also.

Mine is a 1984 and it has the xtra clutch pack,pressure mods,4spd up shift, ect.

I don't have the 4pin connector hooked up.

I do have (I think) the lockup converter but do I still need the wires hooked up for the converter to lock up???

If so what is the "pin out" for hooking it up?

I have yet to shift into 4th!!!! Boo.

As soon as I get the exhaust I'm sure I take it on the FRY that day.. Another week or so for that.

If anyone else can help also jump in.

Any ++++ or ---- on a 1984 700R4??

Thanks a bunch..

Dave Booth

------------------