HybridZ

weber questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Long story short, but I managed to get my car to give 1 really *#$&*&% loud backfire(No, I wasn't trying to). Sounded like a shotgun going off under the hood. The flash was blatantly evident, plainly visible under the car and out the grille(from inside the car!) reflecting off the trees and road.

It idles at 2-2.5k rpm now.... manifold gasket doesn't have any gaping holes in it..... The brake vacum hose is in place.... The spacers/gaskets between the manifold and the carbs are intact, but there seems to be a small gap around some of them. I went to tighten them up, but the nuts are firm on the studs. I will remove them and inspect tomorrow to be sure they're not leaking.

Is it possible to bend a throttle plate such that the throttle can't be fully closed? Is there a throttle shaft seal or something that can be blown out? What about the other things inside the carbs.... can a massive backfire through the intake blow out something to make a big enough air leak to make it idle so high? Help!!! Also, according to my handy dandy dyno, my car is down 15-20 horsepower since the backfire and idle high incident last night. It runs and drives normally, just idles high and a missing a bit of power.

Also, I noticed that the middle carb is missing some sort of round spacer/washer/something on the end of the throttle shaft opposite the linkage. There is carb-funny washer-flat washer-nut on the front/rear carbs, while the middle one is missing the "funny washer". What is this thing and what does it do?

Also, anyone know a good place to get jets for a dcoe and about how much they cost in sets of 6(ugh, 18 jets on those things!)?

It's early Jan. in..... 5 hours. Any status on the sds deal? I need to get rid of the carbs fast! smile.gif

------------------

Morgan

http://z31.com/~morgan/s30

http://carfiche.com