7 replies to this topic

#1 jtz54

jtz54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:41 AM

Based on info I've read about 240Z seat replacements, I bought a nice set from a 2005 Honda Civic.

After removing the Honda mounts leaving only the rails I positioned them on the Z mounts. They sit too high

and would require modifying the existing mounting lower as my head is against the roof. They do fit although

they are a bit bigger than the stock Z seats.

Would like to know anyone else's experience putting different seats into their Z.

Thanks!

#2 skerry

skerry

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

I'll respond because I've never seen anybody with my seats. Someone gave me a pair of seats that's came out of a 2013 Mustang GT. They came with huge brackets on the bottom that made them go up and down lean forward and back. The reclining functions were all done with a standard lift handle though and sliding forward and back were the same as well. I pulled off the brackets and their is a metal brace on the bottom of the seats. I was able to bolt my stock z brackets to the bottom of the seats and then mount them in the car. The driver side fits perfect but the passenger side is a little close to the door. The other con is that there are some switches built into the seat that do not work. I actually have them out of the car right now doing some painting and electrical work but if you're interested. I'll take some pictures when I put them back in later today.

#3 ktm

ktm

The Real McCoy

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1619 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

Type (or copy and paste) the following into Google:

seat swap site:hybridz.org

-Bo

#4 Enginerd81

Enginerd81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationPlainwell, MI

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

Try this: http://forums.hybrid...-list-for-s30s/

Bryan

'76 Datsun 280z 2+2

'81 L28ET Megasquirt 2 with Supra 440 Injectors

Evo I/C ~ 9 PSI

In the bullpen: Get Megasquirt tuned in and turning boost up

#5 LLave

LLave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationRohnert Park, CA

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

I am in the midst of installing 2004 WRX seats, they look awesome, feel awesome. Getting the fitted where I want them is a royal PITA. The car is small, I am not. 

#6 Phantom

Phantom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2672 posts
  • LocationYakima, Washington

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:48 AM

My son has Dodge Neon GT seats in his 73 240Z.  He is 6'2" and fits ok.  At 6'4" I've driven it and it was a bit snug for me - headroom wise.

'77 280Z with LS1/T56, '93 Z32 convertible, '05 Audi A8L, '02 Suburban LT

#7 Exposed

Exposed

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Locationwinnipeg

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:16 AM

I fit some tiburon seats in my 240z. I have a build journal showing the seats as well the seat in the car.

#8 Stike

Stike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDurham NC

Posted 3 weeks ago

I fit some tiburon seats in my 240z. I have a build journal showing the seats as well the seat in the car.

Any other pics of the seat install process? I found a set of Tiburon seats today, debating on going back and getting them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users