HybridZ

factory ECM or aftermarket?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i've heard everyone talking about the SDS programable systems lately and its got me thinkin. how accurate is the factory turbo ECM? and what are its limitations? i know that they run 7-8 psi stock, and is that all it will do safely? i'm not looking for LOTS of power, but it would be nice to someday have 250-300 hp out of my motor. anyone know what the SDS system retails for? and do you have to have a laptop computer to control it? i've got a friend of mine with a turbo Cavalier and he is running a Haltec system and he seems to be pretty happy with it. how are they compared to the SDS system? if the price is right, i would be highly interested in joining the group purchase.

David,

Check out their website at www.sdsefi.com

It contains the price list, the features that are available, and a lot of tech tips. I have the SDS and for me it was the best system for my needs. It doesn't require a laptop nor does it have a lot of do dads like the electromotive. I'm not bashing others systems I just know my limitations with the techno stuff required with the other systems to get them running properly. With the SDS you just need a basic knowledge of engines and you are able to hook it up and tune the system.

Also do a search on engine mgt systems as this was discussed in great detail a while ago.

------------------

http://communities.msn.com/TurboZ

[This message has been edited by Arif (edited January 07, 2001).]