1 reply to this topic

#1 amuscato77

amuscato77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:10 PM

AS the title states… I'm trying to figure out what size wheel and tire I can fit on my 1974 260z with STOCK suspension. Before I posted this I searched thread after thread and have only been able to find fitment clearances post suspension upgrades whether it be coil overs or different springs. 

I have quite a bit of work to do on my Z, however I feel like it deserves a little something something for now so I was looking at purchasing some 16x8 XXR 531 wheels(zero offset).    I know they're not the best quality but I can't stand the Iron Cross wheels that my car is sitting on.

So I was wondering

1.)  Is it possible to run 16x8s on all 4 corners without issues? I've heard mixed answers both yes and no

2.) How wide of a tire would I be able to fit in the rear and front without any issue?

3.) Could I fit 245 or larger in the rear?

Seriously thank you guys for any help

As to why I chose the 531s….. I really like the look of CCW classics….CCW Classics are super expensive…..XXRs are incredibly cheap as we speak these ones are on sale. I could pick up the entire set for $460 shipped  $380 if I liked gold lol. Plus I'll have a little more clearance for bigger brakes and such plus it will at least make it look a bit better. I'm planning some mild power figures but not for quite a while so once I go bigger I'll get higher quality wheels

Attached Files

#2 amuscato77

amuscato77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPlainfield, Illinois

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

Well I'm gonna order the wheels probably tomorrow night Black Chromium with a Machined Lip 16"x8"  and with a 0 offset I'm really hoping to be able to run 245 on the rears  any tire suggestions would be awesome for street use 

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wheels, Tires, XXRs, Rims, Suspension, Fitment, Clearance, 260z, 1974, S30

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users