HybridZ

Engine torque strap?

I'm not sure if that is the right term.  It was recommended to me by my engine builder to install a torque strap to the driver side of engine to front crossmember in case the motor mount breaks.  I have searched hybridz and have not seen any post regarding this matter.  Does anyone have any input or pics of such a strap? 

Any replies much appreciated.

I put torque straps both sides of the engine in the Peking to Paris rally car. I also ran one on the driver's side of all my racing 240zs that had rubber or poly engine and trans mounts. Helps keep the engine in place and also helps put power down.

Yes, as I mentioned above, it helps put power down and with straps on both sides it helps with turn in.  The help is slight but its there.  The engine and transmission on stock mounts is a mass that moves.  That movement delays, however slightly, how the sprung weight responds to loads.  Any reduction in that movement increases the responsiveness of the chassis.

Yes, as I mentioned above, it helps put power down and with straps on both sides it helps with turn in.  The help is slight but its there.  The engine and transmission on stock mounts is a mass that moves.  That movement delays, however slightly, how the sprung weight responds to loads.  Any reduction in that movement increases the responsiveness of the chassis.

OK, that makes sense. Is this equivalent to using solid engine mounts but easier to build in a home shop environment?