HybridZ
ihiryu

Megasquirt?

Hey guys!  You're friendly neighborhood gauge selling resident is back for something else!  I've just locked in my dealer pricing for the guys at www.diyautotune.com!

I'm sure if you're looking at this, then you already know what MS can do for you, an awesome EMS for an even more awesome price!

Currently I'm wondering two things:

1) How many of y'all would be interested in a L28 PNP unit?  In order to make this happen, we would need to have an order of 10 units, $3000.00 deposits (which would be easy if we can lock in ten units, since 3000 would be the 50% deposit), and a test car they can use.  Obviously the one who donates their car would be getting their unit at costs.

If we don't have enough interest in making a L28 PNP unit, how many of y'all would be interested in getting a universal unit (assembled) unit?  Obviously, for those who are swapped (RB/JZ etc etc), they offer PNP units for those cars.  

Let me know what you guys think!

-Steve

I'm assuming this is for N/A L28? I might be interested.

It's Megasquirt, it can be used for anything, but I'm trying to gauge interest in a PNP unit for the Stock harness on a L28.

So whether you're staying NA and doing some crazy turbo build, it will work for both!

Edited by ihiryu

It's Megasquirt, it can be used for anything, but I'm trying to gauge interest in a PNP unit for the Stock harness on a L28.

So weather you're staying NA and doing some crazy turbo build, it will work for both!

Definitely interested then.

So whether you're staying NA and doing some crazy turbo build, it will work for both!

I don't know what all goes into making the computer plug and play, but the n/a and turbo harness both have two very different connector styles to the ecu. Also depending on type of Z you're looking for as a donor and the location that it would be setup at, I may have one for you.

Edited by zeeboost

That's good to know.  At the moment, we're just gauging interest.  But truth be told, it may not go into production, since there's not really enough interest at the moment. 

I may have to just get with Fricfrac (who builds awesome MS harnesses), and try to work out a combo deal as an alternative for you guys.

I can definitely get non-pnp units. One of the other members here makes a harness. So he and I may be able to work out a package for you fellas instead. The problem is we can't lock in enough people who want a PNP unit :(

PNP isn't going to work unless you have a secret source for the stock ECU connector. Problem with the stock harness is that the only sensor that is shielded is the narrow band which isn't usd as a sensor with MegaSquirt. The stock TPS is a switch which would also need to be upgraded to a varable resistor. We build completely new harnesses and fuse blocks at www.mackaypowerproducts.com because of the limitations of the 35 year old stock L28ET harness which typically needs to be refurbished at best anyhow. The PNP ECU doesn't use tuned L28ET maps to the best of my knowledge either.

Edited by FricFrac