HybridZ

Looking For a Good Turbo t3/t4

Turbo260Z

I have a 1974 early 260z with an l28et/ t5 swap. I already have MS3 so I can tune to a range of turbos. As well I have 370cc svo injectors and a 4bolt mandrel bent downpipe. I am looking to swap the original t3 turbo as the seals are bad and is starting to blow smoke now. What I would like is a t3/t4 internal wastegate, only oil cooled, and still retains the stock 4bolt downpipe. I, for some reason, cannot find a turbo with these specs. I am open to any turbo Along those lines so it will be the easiest to re install with little fabrication. Something quality. Thanks! P.s. A link to an exact turbo would be much appreciated.

I don't know about all turbos, but I bought a t3/t4e turbo from atpturbo.com and I had to make a new downpipe, add a spacer to the exhaust flange (the compressor housing is larger and hit the intake manifold if I didn't) and redo the intake plumbing (j-pipe no longer works)

Oh and I had to make my own wastegate actuator mount.  

I would assume you will run into the same issue with any hybrid turbo.  

If you don't want to do the work to make a larger turbo fit, your best bet is probably to just have the stock turbo rebuilt.

Edited by Namor