HybridZ

Question about deleting accessories off 2jzge

Shock_Strauss

Hello all, I have a question on deleting the A/C compressor and P/S pump. I've done some research and the A/C delete has kits as well as many write ups on how to get rid of it off the 2jz. However, I haven't found much in the way of deleting the P/S pump as well. For the time being I only want to drive the water pump and alternator. Later down the road I will be adding back the a/c but not p/s.

My idea so far is to remove the tensioner pulley and replace it with a ribbed pulley then route it like I have in the picture. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

post-29399-0-67628600-1458062820_thumb.jpg

I did the belt routing just like that on my 2jge-nat build, its in the Toyota Engine forum. You need the ribbed pulley for a Honda s2000. I don't remember the belt number right off hand.  That pic is of a 2JGTE Engine. :huh:

Do a lot of research, All the info you need is on club lexus sc300-400 forums and supra forums. Become a member so you have access to everything..

You can Private Message me also, I'll try to help as much as i can.

Awesome, I  saw the post on supra forums before I posted but wanted a second opinion on someone who actually did it. Plus it didn't really explain the routing. Most of the posts I saw on Club Lexus were of people saying not to do it. For reference though, the part number for the pulley is dayco 89501 and the belt is 388K6("38.8in belt with 6 ribs"). GTE and GE have the same route for the belt plus it was the first picture that looked good on google images :). Thanks for the help. My swap should be up and running in the next month just gotta finish all the smaller things.

Edited by Shock_Strauss

Ok Nice, They probably said not to do it because power steering is tough to deal with no power assist.

Get that belt and the next one smaller, I just returned the belt i didn't use. The idler pulley housing has a middle mark on it, which i like for the idler pulley to line up with, when the belt goes on. Just in case the belt stretches. Sometimes the belt squeels when first starting n my engine, other times it doesn't. Im good with it.

Which stand alone are you going to use to run your engine??.

Good get it running by june because you know the humidity comes in mid june on the east coast.. I was born in Washington D.C. Lived in Maryland till 1998..

Will do, thanks again!

I'll be running Microsquirt v3. I've installed/used it in the past on my turbo BMW and feel it should be able to do everything I want. I'll be getting timing through the distributor and will be running a wasted cop system using GM lq9 coils.

Yeah I'm lucky that my house faces the sun throughout the whole day... so when it's hot, it's really hot out.