HybridZ

Seating 14mm O-rings into oem manifold

KidandhisCar

My injectors cam in yesterday.ls1 units with 14mm upper and lower o-rings.How are you guys sealing the pintle end of the injectors to the manifold?

I tried with the pintle cap removed,but there is not enough depth in the bore for the o-ring to seat,i haven't been able to find any information on this,is it standard practice to have the bore deepend?

Can you fit the stock style injector seals on the injector tip? I'm running some 11mm EV14 injectors, and I had to swap the lower o-rings for 14mm, and use the stock injector seals in order to get a good seal at the manifold. Seems to be working pretty well, but I only have about 100 miles since installed. 

It seems like the 14mm lower ring will fit circumfrence wise, but the bores do not seem deep enough to get them all the way in to where to rings seat on the untapered part of the bore.i have a feeling that is because the factory injectors seal from to to bottom,so the bore was never originally intended to be deep enough to have an o ring seal on the wall of the bore