HybridZ

1970 240z Brake upgrade

Hi guys!

I'm looking to upgrade my brake system on my 240z. I have seen that there are a lot of options available but as far as I've seen not very practical for me. This is because I live in The Netherlands (Europe) and most of the brake kits have to come from the US. I've found several complete wilwood brake kits, but the shipping is just unbelievable, it is about 500-600 dollars. So I looked further and found that people are using maxima or Toyota 4x4 calipers.  But those aren't available here either, because we don't have the correct models models. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Or maybe other types of brakes that can be used.

Thanks for the time! I'll really appreciate the help!

I just got the Arizona Z Car front brake kit for my 71 240Z. The calipers are wilwood 120-11133 and the rotors are 160-2894 and 160-2895. Maybe Dave will sell you the hats and caliper brackets and you can get the wilwood parts over there ?

I think you guys call our Toyota 4x4 a Hilux, but that isn't really much of an upgrade though. I would see if you can buy just the custom brackets and source the rotors and calipers locally or from a supplier close by as jap tin says. Brake parts are heavy and the last time I shipped something to the netherlands I think there was a tariff on top of the item.

Thanks for the info guys! I've found a couple of Hilux calipers, and some 300zx rotors. Will these fit? And can I use the silvermine spacers?

And for the rear? I read somewhere that people use 280zx rotors and calipers with maxima brackets (I cant use maxima calipers beycause they don't exist here), but I also can't seem to find any zx calipers. Does anyone know what I can use instead? Or should i just order the maxima calipers since I'll be ordering the spacers, brackets and pads from silvermine motors anyway?

Edited by joost