HybridZ

Need to cut 100hp

munters

Yes It could and I have 2 sets of round tops but then it would not be aprooved this way. (Police could always stop me and have it retested.)

I love the triples.

Actually I fall back to my teenage age when I drive it now after nearly 3 decades of having it disasmbled in the Garage.

I love it even more to drive then the V12 Espada (It runs also better not just the sound)

one thing you could do is change the wires on three of the cylinders to wires that won't connect.  this way, you get an immediate 50% cut in hp.  I'd pick every other cylinder in the firing order to make it somewhat even. not great fort he engine, but...  faster and less complicated.

you could retard the timing a lot if you have a distributor, but that might make your exhaust louder. also not great.

you could put a very restrictive air filter(s).  that might help.  something very small, or somehow blocked off.... unless they can force you to test without filters..

• 1 month later...

man I'm sorry man that sucks about hp limitations in Switzerland I thought that was very relaxed compared to other country's. ? I'm thankful I live in Texas and a great out by the country county where anything over 25 is exempt they just make sure I have seat belts and running lights. Don't even pop the hood.

Edited by Austing

Ok finally I passed.

I did change the Jets, retarded the Ignition and especially put a Air Box with a hose connected to the smaller radiator support hole (just 2")

The mix of that brought me to 170hp and the rest I blocked the max throttle (underneat a piece of carpet nicely hidden)

Attached is the final Dyno Value up to 4680 rpm because it stayed there up to 7000.

Original was 120 DIN Hp and they accepted the 140 HP (+20% max. is allowed).

post-23044-0-07398700-1464873543_thumb.jpg

The Brakes I changed as well back to Drum.

The noise was also a good thing, because the measurements are taken at 80% of the max HP RPM value (in my case 80% of 4020rpm = 3216rpm) I passed at 74dB (max 74).

Hilarious. Closest I had to go was an emissions inspection on a dyno with a cat-less VG30ET. Midjudged the amount of denatured alcohol to mix in (instead of 1/4 tank it was closer to 1/2 alcohol). Retarded timing by, I dunno, 10 degrees everywhere (except idle). Ran like complete shit. But passed emissions with flying colors! They could barely keep it at speed on the dyno it kept misfiring and bucking. No idea how misfires didn't blow the emissions past the limits.