HybridZ

Mangoletsi Intake setup issues

Hello, it's really hard to find information on these intake manifolds so I figured I'd ask here,

Anyone know what headers will fit with the newer Mangoletsi intake manifold for triple Webers/Dellortos?

The only 240z' that I could find running them were Erik Jonasson's and Spike Anderson's. However no write-up listed a manufacturer for their headers, just that they were 6-1 with a 2.5" exhaust.

I had the emissions bar cut off stock exhaust manifold and JB welded the holes for a temp. fix until I found out the Mangoletsi intake didn't sit correctly on the stock exhaust to bolt up to the head.

http://www.mangoletsimanifolds.com/manifolds/datsun-240z-260z-280z-intake-manifold-linkage.pdf

Edited by Marlin2

Zclub, the British Z forum, would probably be your best bet for getting this answered.  Quite a few folks on there use that manifold. 

Thanks for the suggestion! Went ahead and searched their forums, though they have a few posts on the Mangoletsi setup, not one lists the header used in conjunction. Unfortunately Zclub charges 15 euros to post...I'll have to pass.

Unfortunately Zclub charges 15 euros to post...I'll have to pass.

That's incorrect. Forum membership is 'free', and posting doesn't cost anything.

Don't confuse full 'Z Club' membership with forum membership.

• Like 1

That's incorrect. Forum membership is 'free', and posting doesn't cost anything.

Don't confuse full 'Z Club' membership with forum membership.

You're right! That was a mistake on my part, thanks. Because I had not checked the "Allow Administrators to send you email" box, I never received the activation email with an ID, and it ended up in my spam folder.

Now, to see if I can find an answer to the intake question...

Update: March 31st, 2016

For those of you looking for a header that will fit with John Mangoletsi's intake I contacted Sean Dezart over at ZClub who specifically makes custom stainless steel exhaust systems for the L-series engines. It'll take a couple months until I receive my system, but will update with pictures when it does.

Edited by Marlin2