HybridZ

1970 SBC 350 Transmission Questions

Just pick a reliable local driveshaft shop to modify/balance the driveshaft. You will have to learn how to measure for the correct driveshaft length. Also, driveshaft angle (phasing) is very important.

If you don't know about driveshaft balance and phasing your car will vibrate going down the road. Search HybridZ and google.

JTR sells the the Chevy driveshaft to Datsun differential flange adapter you need.  Or do a HybridZ search for the part number.

Buy the JTR 240Z V8  swap manual and read it several times. Most of the answers to your questions are there.

Just pick a reliable local driveshaft shop to modify/balance the driveshaft. You will have to learn how to measure for the correct driveshaft length. Also, driveshaft angle (phasing) is very important.

If you don't know about driveshaft balance and phasing your car will vibrate going down the road. Search HybridZ and google.

JTR sells the the Chevy driveshaft to Datsun differential flange adapter you need.  Or do a HybridZ search for the part number.

Buy the JTR 240Z V8  swap manual and read it several times. Most of the answers to your questions are there.

It's on my list of things to pick up. I seen JTR's flange after I posted that, I guess I had over looked it.. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Bought the JTR book and the TPI/TBI book as well.

Does everyone just run a bolt thru the floorboard and through the JTR trans mount? Is that strong enough to hold, given the gauge of the facotry sheet metal? Has anyone used another steel plate inside the car for added strength?

73z85.0

You bought the JTR, but did you read it?

See page 8-2 of the JTR  Datsun Z V8 Conversion Manual.  Everything you need to know about this install is in the manual.  

Edited by Miles

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Dear Sir,

If you would care to sell the Turbo Hydramatic automatic transmission, please advise if the auto trans would bolt up to my late 50's 283 SBC Engine.

I am anxious to put a 283 SBC Engine in my 300ZX. I live in western PA and could make arrangements to meet you and pickup trans. I also would consider a transmission adapter to bolt the 283 Chevy engine to the original Nissan 5 speed manual transmission, if you have a source for this type of conversion.  Thank You.

Paul              Pdfflyer@Roadrunner.com

• 2 months later...

I am probably a little late here but I am converting my car to auto so am about to pull my T5 and sell EVERYTHING related to the manual.  From the tranny to the bellhousing to the clutch to the flywheel to the slave and master etc.  Mine is a G-force built world class so it may be more than you need from a hp rating stand point.  If you are still fishing around for parts or anything let me know.

Jeff