HybridZ

75 L28 and 4 speed worth?

smokehouse_83

I am thinking about pulling the engine and trans out of my 75 and I am wondering what it is all worth.  

75 L28 with new 280zx alt/water pump/starter/fuel hoses/new header.  In really good shape not a bunch of oil all over everything and runs good.

All electronics 3 PCM's/ 2 Mafs/ wiring harness/ everything it needs to run.

Custom built tight fiting mandrel bent exhaust with a Greedy Muffler

75 4 speed recently rebuilt with a new clutch

Whats it worth as a package?

4 speed is worthless. maybe like $60. The L28 block by itself a few hundred, with accessories and harness like $400 tops. The headers can be sold separate for like $100-250 depending on condition of full system.

You will make more parting it all out, but if you wanted to price that all together $500 for a fast sale, $6-700 if you don't mind keeping it for awhile. 

Anybody in the market for a transmission usually takes the opportunity to upgrade to a 5-speed. Therefore, the market is usually flooded with 4-speed transmissions that nobody really wants. Even a rebuilt 4-speed is not going to be as desirable as a used 5-speed in usable condition (especially if it is a later model "close-ratio" 5-speed). However, it is worth what someone will pay for it. So if someone who just needs a transmission to get their car on the road, or is looking to rebuild theirs anyways, yours might be worth a bit more to them, but it may be a while before that person comes along. And even then, they will likely see that there are a ton of other 4-speeds for sale out there for very cheap. I have seen working 4-speeds go for as cheap as $25 out here on the east coast (and Datsun parts are much less common out here than out west). There was even a guy giving one away on Craig's list a few weeks back.

As for the motor, what Blu said is pretty much the standard.

Edited by Pillar