HybridZ

Acesss's 1jz 280z

Acesss

When I removed the engine harness I noticed that it seems the body harness no long has a source for power? Its possible that it still does but I have no idea where it would come from lol. Any advice would be helpful

Hey man,

I just finished up my 1jz 280z.

You need to use engine harness c1,c2,c3,c4 and c9 with your JZ swap.

You integrate these wires/connectors to the alternator, starter, headlights and a couple random items underneath the engine bay. 

Depending on what you use for ECM you will have to splice and integrate the original harness into the new.

Hey man,

I just finished up my 1jz 280z.

You need to use engine harness c1,c2,c3,c4 and c9 with your JZ swap.

You integrate these wires/connectors to the alternator, starter, headlights and a couple random items underneath the engine bay. 

Depending on what you use for ECM you will have to splice and integrate the original harness into the new.

Okay. Do you have pictures of how you did this? I have a colored wiring diagram which has them labeled c1-c11, do the connectors say which one they are on them? Truthfully I didnt look at them that hard when removing

Ill be using the stock 1j ecu with a harness from wiring specialties

Edited by Acesss

Okay. Do you have pictures of how you did this? I have a colored wiring diagram which has them labeled c1-c11, do the connectors say which one they are on them? Truthfully I didnt look at them that hard when removing

Ill be using the stock 1j ecu with a harness from wiring specialties

The connectors are pretty easy to decipher. Just look at the pinouts on the drawing and look at the connectors, a bunch of them have non terminated pins,

I am attaching a commented PDF that helps you with alternator terminations, starter terminations etc etc.

I hope it helps. I was going through my notes a bit

78_280Z_wiring_commented.pdf

• 1 month later...

Its been a month! any Updates?

Not much, I wish I could provide some! I started college on the 29th of last month, moved 5 hours away and don't have a place for the Z up here. Its still sitting in my garage back home waiting for me to bring it up here. 

But it's going off next week to begin rust repair and have the fuel cell put in and lines plumbed. Hopefully by the time that is done ill have a spot for it and be able to work on it some more. 

Just stock piling parts currently. But as soon as I get it first thing I want to do is get all the wiring done. 

Edited by Acesss