HybridZ

Your datsun Z's turbo'd "LS" engine pictures

Please post pictures of your z cars with chevy LS engine swaps with turbo setups on them.... I have a 77 280z with an old school carb 355 sbc built up buto this last week I totaled my 04 chevy work van with 4.8 and 4l80e and so it's gonna get swapped with a turbo setup into the car now that I have the motor and everything for the swap since I still have the complete van.I would love to see how people ran their turbos and piping and exhaust and just how different people do things and would love to get ideas from everyone. Plus who doesn't like looking at turbo chevy powered datsun thanks everyone and can't wait to see your engines and builds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm about to go Turbo, however I'm finding it hard to route headers since I have the stock alternator location and JCI's ac compressor location setup. The driver side I am hoping I can get away with having the truck manifolds turned upwards and forwards... and hopefully that will give me enough clearance to pass over the compressor. If not, I might have to mock up something to go over it.

Zspeed22-

How did you mount your alternator?

I milled the back of the alternator so the plate mounting to the head would be flush with it. Then using a stock Fbody mount for the rest of it directly to the engine.

Photobucket is dead. I wish they would allow hyperlinking from google but it states extension is nor allowed. I use it on other boards all the time

I agree its been some time since I have been on here I am going to have to switch over to another service. Anything someone recommends?

Post close-up cell phone photos if you get the chance.

I am not sure if this helps. I am currently at work still and this is the only photo I had of it. I will get one of the backside of the alternator as well.

I7UQo5.jpg