HybridZ
355datsun280z

Your datsun Z's turbo'd "LS" engine pictures

Please post pictures of your z cars with chevy LS engine swaps with turbo setups on them.... I have a 77 280z with an old school carb 355 sbc built up buto this last week I totaled my 04 chevy work van with 4.8 and 4l80e and so it's gonna get swapped with a turbo setup into the car now that I have the motor and everything for the swap since I still have the complete van.I would love to see how people ran their turbos and piping and exhaust and just how different people do things and would love to get ideas from everyone. Plus who doesn't like looking at turbo chevy powered datsun thanks everyone and can't wait to see your engines and builds.

I'm about to go Turbo, however I'm finding it hard to route headers since I have the stock alternator location and JCI's ac compressor location setup. The driver side I am hoping I can get away with having the truck manifolds turned upwards and forwards... and hopefully that will give me enough clearance to pass over the compressor. If not, I might have to mock up something to go over it.

Zspeed22-

How did you mount your alternator?

I milled the back of the alternator so the plate mounting to the head would be flush with it. Then using a stock Fbody mount for the rest of it directly to the engine.

Photobucket is dead. I wish they would allow hyperlinking from google but it states extension is nor allowed. I use it on other boards all the time

I agree its been some time since I have been on here I am going to have to switch over to another service. Anything someone recommends?

Post close-up cell phone photos if you get the chance.

I am not sure if this helps. I am currently at work still and this is the only photo I had of it. I will get one of the backside of the alternator as well.

I7UQo5.jpg

I got myself a GT45 turbo and no way I can fit that between my radiator and engine! Not to mention since I have the JCI ac compressor kit, I can't do forward and under as there simply isn't enough space to fit a header output through there. I'm going to have to run a forward and up system, but even then I cannot fit my turbo between my radiator and engine... just not enough space! I'm either going to have to cut my radiator support and move it and get another 2-3in's. Not sure how everyone else is fitting their turbos with AC as well. So far every picture album I find, it looks like no one is running ac and a turbo?

Elegant in its simplicity! Which water pump and balancer are you using?

All accessories are F-body. With milling the back for the single bar and keeping the stock F-body mount it worked proper for spacing of all F-body accessories.

Waterpump -  AC Delco part# 252-846

Alternator - AC Delco part# 334-2486A this is a reman part.

Tensioner Assy - Gates part# 38195

Idler Pulley - Gates part# 38041

Balancer/Pulley - Fluidampr part# 740111

There is no power-steering pump or ac involved with this setup of course. Also I have not sorted out the part number for my belt yet. I need to get a line and measure it.