HybridZ

Do most aftermarket tachs work off megasquirt

davek

Like all of us trying to get our 240Z tachs functional. I was thinking about these cheap tachs on ebay or amazon--Sunpro, Sun super tach 2

About $30.

If meagsquirt will operates these tach I could strip it down and fit into my 240Z tach housing. Probably swap the needle. Anyone tried this?

Not for nothing, but it seems like a lot of work when you can get the stock tach to work pretty easily with a tach adapter. For the most part I've read that the OEM tachs are pretty damn accurate and some can be adjusted. Buy a 50$ tach adapter and wire it and done. It will look stock and match the rest of your gauges if still using OEM. Since I have had my adapter on there it has worked flawlessly with the MS3X. Didn't you post that you couldn't get your tach to work before? Might give the wiring another try. It will a ton easier and faster than retrofitting something else.

just saying...   

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I removed the guts from a SunPro tach and fitted to my stock tach housing and face. Didn't take that long and works perfectly.

You may have seen my thread on MS Extra trying to get the stock tach functional.

now the speedo mystery

• 3 weeks later...