HybridZ
Sign in to follow this  
iwantav8z

New member from Glendale (Phoenix) AZ

Hello and thank you for letting me become a member. I'm an old (read that OLD) retired hot rodder. Had mostly American muscle type cars but I had an '89 Turbo Supra and loved it. I've been into turbocharging for quite a while having owned three factory built turbos ('89 turbo Supra, '91 Dodge Spirit R/T turbo, and '87 Buick Turbo T-Type), built a 1065 crank horsepower '73 Pontiac Trans Am, and now and am presently building a 1963 Pontiac full sized Catalina "Gasser" style street strip twin turbo behemoth.

I came here because I really like the '90 to '96 style Z32 platform and want to get a turbo model. I would not mind building on the original V6 but really rather have a V8. The Catalina can fulfill my needs for all out horsepower and wow factor, but I want an all around daily driver type car that I can jump into, take anywhere, park anywhere, but enjoy the heck out of it when I'm driving it.

I want to see what others are doing, I'm a stickler for details so I want to learn as much about the Z32 platform for swaps as much as I can, and be prepared as I go into swap mode.

My only disappointment in the Z32 is the higher weight of the platform compared to the first Z's. But a daily type driver with a good power plant will over come the weight, and be fun to drive. And from everything I've been able to read and digest so far, the Z32 platform is a crazy good base to start with.

So, again thank you for adding me in and lets get reading.

Mark           

Hey Mark!!

Welcome!! Can't wait to see what your plans are!

Also, you should join Desert Datsuns, it's a local PHX Z club, lot of guys there know their stuff.. we do meets and drive and everyone I have meet is very cool!!

I swapped a V8 into my 280 so I'm more than willing to help out along with advise if needed!

Adam

Thanks for the heads up on the Desert Datsuns club. Once I finalize my plans, especially if I commit to getting a 300zx, I'll check in on them. It's always a good thing to connect with like minded/passion-ed people that can smooth the waters when you are getting into new waters. I assume they would also have inside tracks on cars available and their histories. That's a big plus. Again thanks Adam.