HybridZ

Will a 2012 Camaro LS 3oil pan fit?

Just wondering if I will have to modify or replace the oil pan that came on the used LS3 I purchased. Guy said it was out of a 2012 Camaro. It has the oil to water heat exchange part on the drivers side 

I guess I should have mentioned WHAT I was putting the LS3 in- 1976 280Z

post-52406-0-93489500-1461522976_thumb.jpg

post-52406-0-93291400-1461522987_thumb.jpg

Edited by MileHigh280

I made my own mounts, but as noted my modified ls3 pan works with an 1-1/2 PC or steel tube welded to the engine cross member with my 4l80e pan just slightly lower

I picked up an Fbody dipstick and oil pump tube and took about 1-1/4 off the bottom of the ls3 pan. Works great. Iirc I'm just around 8 quarts of oil with a 51515 filter. I was also able to modify an improved racing pan baffle to work with the shortened setup

I also had to slightly angle cut the front of the pan to clear the cross member up front. I'm sure if your running a plastic car intake you could lift it a little but the pan will still be a touch low

I have a crate LS3 I have already mounted in my car and the pan sticks down way too far for me. However, I have coilovers and like it down in the weeds. I was lucky enough to get a C6 Corvette pan which is 2" shorter than my LS3 pan. I'm planning on changing it out within the next couple of weeks. Capacity is less but the C6 pan is well baffled compared to the LS3 pan. You need a different windage tray too.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ