HybridZ
rags

RIP John Coffey (johnc)

Kevin.pk    3

Condolences to his friends and family. I never met John and don't know that I ever even had a direct conversation with him even over the internet, but I felt like I knew him just by reading his wealth of knowledge on here for the past 13 years I've been a member. His presence will be greatly missed. The z car community and the world has lost a great person indeed.

auxilary    39

I can't add anything else anyone else hasn't already said. I've met John several times. He's always been an upstanding member of the Z community and I'd run out of paragraph space just trying to write out what I learned from John since I've signed up for HybridZ 15 years ago. I talked to DavyZ tonight to let him know as well. We'll all miss John dearly. 

LowCarbZ    12

Sad to hear.  In my early days getting to know the Z I know John helped answer several questions.  And even if he didn't address me directly his intellect and input on many technical issues was of immense help in repairing/improving my car.  I know many share the same sentiment. 

He will definitely be missed.  

Zetsaz    4

Said day. He was one of the first people I noticed throughout forums when I first got really into Z cars in my early teens. He was among a few in the forums I hoped to meet in person someday after first buying my Z and beginning the whole project.

Prayers go out to his family. He made a big impact in the community. 

RebekahsZ    106

Anybody know about funeral arrangements? Family? I'm thinking about sending a really nice floral arrangement. I'm heading to CA in June and was planning a stop to Benton to see him. Very stunned. I've talked with him many times and was really looking forward to more.... If anybody heard of anything, please text me at 256-366-4685 so I can get on it.

Nelsonian    7

I am very saddened to hear of this news as well. I have a lot of gratitude for several members on here who have in one way or another helped me or better yet helped the HybridZ community at large, and John C was at the top of that list. Rest in peace and soooo many thanks for all you did for soooo many here.

zeeboost    6

I thoroughly enjoyed reading any of his replies, and will continue to as I search through the archives. Safe to say he's taught me a majority of what I know now about Datsuns and performance / fabrication in general since I first started visiting this site back in 2001. My heart literally sank as I saw the title of this thread. He's pretty much the only forum member I planned to visit on my first trip to Cali in one of my datsuns so I could thank him personally for all the help and advice he's volunteered over the years...now I feel terrible for not doing it sooner. Geez, just so sad

Ben280    2

Very sad to hear this news, the Z world and the racing world have lost a treasure. Whenever I saw a post by John I stopped to take note, and always got a kick out of reading old SoCal bench racing stories about his Z. Sending my thoughts to his friends and family. Rest in peace John, we miss you down here. 

Anybody know about funeral arrangements? Family? I'm thinking about sending a really nice floral arrangement. I'm heading to CA in June and was planning a stop to Benton to see him. Very stunned. I've talked with him many times and was really looking forward to more.... If anybody heard of anything, please text me at 256-366-4685 so I can get on it.

The Benton Performance guys are having a memorial meetup on May 7th at their shop (details are on their instagram page). I'm sure they would be able to point you in the right direction for further gestures.