HybridZ

RIP John Coffey (johnc)

rags

I read the title and was hoping it was trolling for clicks......until I read everything.  I am stunned, sick, and speechless.  I met John quite a number of times at various shows and gatherings here in So Cal.  He did work on my car back when he owned Beta Motorsports.  He was witty, gregarious, helpful, kind, a true gentleman......****......

It really sucks to have to do this here. This is what I put on my FB page: Really, really upset to hear about John Coffey's passing. Don't know any details, just seeing a bunch of sad people posting on his FB page. Never met him in person, but we have known each other since the 90s if I recall correctly, starting with Carl Beck's zhome email list. We talked on the phone a few times, he sent me some parts. Good guy, knew his stuff, and as much as people bitched about his style of administration over on Hybrid Z, I think he had it right, and made that site a better place to be. RIP John. You will be missed. :(

Edited by JMortensen
  • Like 1

Condolences to his friends and family. I never met John and don't know that I ever even had a direct conversation with him even over the internet, but I felt like I knew him just by reading his wealth of knowledge on here for the past 13 years I've been a member. His presence will be greatly missed. The z car community and the world has lost a great person indeed.

I can't add anything else anyone else hasn't already said. I've met John several times. He's always been an upstanding member of the Z community and I'd run out of paragraph space just trying to write out what I learned from John since I've signed up for HybridZ 15 years ago. I talked to DavyZ tonight to let him know as well. We'll all miss John dearly.