HybridZ

Attention all Mukini Users:

Travel'n Man

Attention all Mikuni Users:

We were all at a loss when Todd passed away from Wolf Creek Racing and the knowledge that left with him for our Mikuni Carbs….not to mention all the parts that he had.  I know there are other authorized dealers of Mikuni parts on the internet but without the knowledge to share there are just another parts shop with no first-hand knowledge for the sale.

I have found a great new resource on Mikuni PHH carbs and he is willing to share his knowledge and is also an authorized distributor for Mikuni – David Premo

A few weeks ago I called up Dave Rebello (he built my head and cam) and asked him if he was interested in me purchasing a few parts and pieces for my Mikuni from him – he said “not really” due to he is really an engine shop – I asked him who he would recommend to push that business to - he said “David Premo” and gave me David’s number.

After a few conversations with David and advise for my jetting – David came up with a small jet order for me, and some advice on my current jet settings. Over the weekend,  I make a couple adjustments to my pump nozzle rod, upsized my pump nozzle and changed the duration of the fuel being injected at launch, edited an air jet and it was like my Mikuni’s woke up for the first time (even more so than the original jetting that Todd send me when I bought my Mikuni’s).  I’m stoked on getting some new jets in from David this week (USPS Priority) to see how the total jetting package that David recommends will affect my overall performance and the air fuel ratio mix. 

I called David yesterday and told him I had reduced my Air Jet per his guidance (I have good collection of jets through trial and error) and it was a HUGE difference – he said “wait until the new jets come to you mid week – you will really feel the Mikuni’s kick in then – you will think you have turbo’s”……………yep – I’m pretty stoked to say the least!

For any of you Mikuni guys/gals our there give David a call – he is a world of knowledge – easy to talk to, has a complete inventory of Mikuni parts, and will steer you in the right direction for performance of your Mikuni set up.

dave@tuning4performance.com

925-890-8074

Anybody following:

First of all David Premo is a genius - without a doubt.  I have spent $$ hundreds in past jetting with the hope of finding the correct jetting combination.  Digging and hoping to read a post somewhere that would be the "magic one".  It's all the blind, leading the blind..........David Premo is the real deal for anybody wanting to tune their Mikuni's right......the first time.........period.

His advise is spot on.  The knowledge he has for our fuel systems is dead on perfect.

My AFR meter is more consistent with less wild swings - the sound of the car is much better - faster power - much better acceleration - faster startup - less smoke - less fuel smell - plugs look better - faster idle time........and all this for a few jets and a few parts and pieces along with few phone calls!  David nailed it with 3 sets of new jets for me (naturally through trial and error I have way too many jets at this point from previous purchases.

Now I have a jet collection that I have accumulated over the past few years that absolutely has nothing to do with the true jetting of my car.  If you want your jetting done right - make a phone call to David - you will be surprised what has been hiding in your Mikuni's for years!

• 2 weeks later...