HybridZ

Need help planning trip to SF

RebekahsZ

Yesterday:

GGPark, GG bridge, Pier 39, Cable car ride, Sees candy, bunch of art galleries for Rebekah, Lombard St, Marina Dist, Palace of Fine Arts, Presidio, sushi and sake for supper.

Today:

I scrambled some eggs to save a $100 breakfast ticket, then went to Napa and tasted at Mondovi, then stopped by Sonoma Raceway and watched some drag racing (the Z would have been pretty fast compared to the field), and then watched some drifting-something I'd never seen before in person. Pretty cool stuff-I could get lost in that pretty easy-looks super fun!

Tomorrow-hike at Muir Woods, then a little more downtown before leaving SF for Yosemite.

Edited by RebekahsZ

Make sure to stop at Rainbow Pools on your way to Yosemite. Bring your swimsuit!

Two Guys Pizza in Groveland on the way to/from Yosemite is the best pizza I've ever had, we go every year. Highly recommend stopping there, it's just off Highway 120 in Groveland.

Made the drive to Yosemite by the dark of the moon. Hiked to the top of Yosemite Z Falls to re-create a day my wife and I spent hiking there 22 years ago. That was day before yesterday and I still can't walk right! Motor toured Santa Cruz and half of Monterey yesterday. Stopped at several fruit and veggie stands-yum! Will do rest of Monterey and Carmel today. There's no swell, so that takes some pressure to surf off of me. Tomorrow is more hiking in Big Sur. Hope my calves loosen up! Probably won't look at Laguna Seca-family isn't really into car (actually somewhat hostile) stuff and I'm gonna be pushing my luck with some of my LA destinations.