HybridZ

14mm injector In a 11mm hole

madkaw

So I've read on line that folks just change out the pintle and O-ring on a 14mm injector at the manifold side to a smaller Oring to fit a 11mm hole. I bought a 14mm fuel rail from Pallnet and want to use it on my n42 intake. He sent me a "hybrid" seal kit with the rail, but not sure how it works. The pintle cap he supplied is longer than the one that came with my Bosch injector, but the O- ring is the same size , or very close.

The O-ring is too big to fit in the manifold hole, just kind of seals it off sitting in the chamfer of the hole.

So what am I missing here. It seems the O-ring should be smaller to allow to slide all the way in.

I've never messed with injectors so I am an idiot when it comes to this.

I did cut off the Bosch pintle cap and the one Pallnet supplied snapped on there, but couldn't use the spacer , just the Oring .

post-1083-0-71158300-1463015679_thumb.jpeg

I don't think that those plastic pintle caps in the stock manifold is a very good fit.  I'd use a thin flat rubber washer myself.  Maybe even remove the caps.  I have a different type of 14mm injector, with no pintle cap and it barely reaches the other side, with an o-ring seal.  Yours are stopped by that ledge on the pintle cap.  Put an o-ring on and the spray pattern might impinge on the manifold hole.  Better test fit and look.

My thought process overall was that there's fuel pressure pressing down plus intake manifold vacuum.  NA engine.  Turbo engine's have more issues.

The injector does fit in the hole better with the other Oring and pintle . Though the Oring does not go all the way in the injector bore , it does look like it seals at the top. You do have to pull the injector out of there after seating it and the Oring shows a even mark around the edge like it is sealing . There really isn't anymore room for the injector body to seat since it is almost against the bosses on the runner now.

The long pintle concerns me because the hole sits off of the injector spray holes. There is a gap between the pintle opening and injector nozzles, so will that impede the spray ? I guess I could run without the pintle caps also?

post-1083-0-65697000-1463059984_thumb.jpeg

post-1083-0-14703300-1463060020_thumb.jpeg

Edited by madkaw

• 2 weeks later...

Got it figured out I believe. See the pics , but the pintle caps supplied in Pallnets kit work fine -operator error here:)

I just didn't have the pintle caps all the way on, they need to be tapped all the way on the pintle until seated. Then you use the spacer and O-ring supplied . I had no odd what I was doing, so it probably would have been more obvious to most.

The pintle that came with the injectors is too wide to clear the hole and keeps the O-ring from sealing- gray pintle cap.

post-1083-0-58494000-1463876629_thumb.jpeg

post-1083-0-59498000-1463876652_thumb.jpeg

post-1083-0-16905300-1463876694_thumb.jpeg

post-1083-0-51628400-1463876711_thumb.jpeg

post-1083-0-00711100-1463876727_thumb.jpeg