Geno750

Regular

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDestin, FL

Posted 2 weeks ago

CX Racing also makes a bracket as well.

I'm looking to do this pretty soon with a VVTi GE though.

Didn't know CX racing made those. I went the IGN-1A route, and got a bracket that replaces the coil pack cover.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gvMAyYS.jpg[IMG]

Edited by Geno750, 2 weeks ago.

#42 jr_soliz2010

jr_soliz2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, Tx

Posted A week ago

Quick question, i saw on a couple threads where yall are cutting the shock towers and rewelding, is that necessary to fit the 2jz? also ill be doing the cd009 trans with the 2j and the cx mounts, i dont mind cutting the interior for the shifter but how far back will it be shifter be?  My interior is gutted 

#43 Shock_Strauss

Shock_Strauss

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationVirginia 757

Posted 2 days ago

Quick question, i saw on a couple threads where yall are cutting the shock towers and rewelding, is that necessary to fit the 2jz? also ill be doing the cd009 trans with the 2j and the cx mounts, i dont mind cutting the interior for the shifter but how far back will it be shifter be?  My interior is gutted 

The only cutting I had to do was the original transmission mount and where the shifter comes up through. I tried finding a solution for the shifter to come up through the stock location but failed. I ended up getting a gktech shifter,

#44 jr_soliz2010

jr_soliz2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, Tx

Posted 2 days ago

ok thanks bro. I was worried id have to send my car back to the body shop for cut and welding. 

So far i got my CX mounts, Engine, harness, ecu and rear sump pan. Total spent $610. Hopefully i can remain under budget. About the only good thing about living in a border city is the cheap competitive prices. 

Got any more updates or tips. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users