HybridZ

Need help planning trip to LA and San Diego

RebekahsZ

Thanks, bro. This is a family trip and the family (3 women) have been pretty patient with me. Today we slept in after a show at the Troubadour last night. Then we cruised around Beverly Hillssight-seeing. What was interesting to me was how much folks probably pay to live almost as nice as I do in Alabama. If they only knew...and no traffic! We stumbled upon a park entrance with no guard called Greystone Park. Holy smokes, what a place! A mansion from a turn-of-the century oil baron, with grounds open to the public (and obvious disregard for drought-inspired watering restrictions)! It was an oasis for me and I really got recharged from the grime of Hollywood. Then we crossed the hills into Burbank for the Bob's Big Boy cruise-in. Very mild traffic both ways. Great time in a great setting. Car guys are car guys, although I prefer the drag racing set over the show set. But the cars were top notch, folks were friendly, and we even saw a REAL 427 Cobra. No S30s :(. Good burger and shake at a historic joint and home to bed earlier than usual. We drove the historic Mulholland Drive both ways. Only bad news is that: I fudged up my scheduling big time. Turns out, that this weekend is the LA Roadster Show. But tomorrow I promised the family a trip to Huntington Beach. Looks like I gotta sack up and do the beach and let that bucket-list item (LA Roadster Show and Wally Hall NHRA Museum) wait for another day. If I come out this way again, I will stay in Burbank as someone suggested and just pop over into LA as needed. Hollywood is just a little too closed in for me. But it has been a pretty good location to tour from.

Don't know how early you are going to Huntington Beach, but every Saturday morning from 5AM to about 8Am there is Donut Derelicts car show.

Mainly hot rods.

You can see some of the cars on you tube if you search Donut Derelicts.

ritrebor