HybridZ

Two open valves on tdc

Austing

So I'm redoing gaskets on l28 and I had it marked at tdc before I pulled head after wards I looked and saw that two valves are open numbers 4 and 5 the rest are closed. Does this mean my valves need to be adjusted with feeler or is that normal? It not open like crazy just a little open like 2 cm.

Just took the 510 out to run it this year after being laid up for the last 3 years, went to turn over the motor and find that I get a 1/4 revolution on it and it is locked up on either side of the revolution. Guessing I have some valves also hanging up. First time I have ever had a issue with Datsun motor like this.

saw that two valves are open numbers 4 and 5 the rest are closed.

Ponder a complete set of combustion events (two revolutions) and you'll realize that there are always valves open.  Look closer and you'll probably see that there are more than just two open.

Thank you new zed I was worrying about that if that maybe be a underlying issue or a serious issue waiting to happen. Also I don't get why I can't positive up a post it says I reached my quota even tho I've never been able to positive vote before.

So I'm redoing gaskets on l28 and I had it marked at tdc before I pulled head after wards I looked and saw that two valves are open numbers 4 and 5 the rest are closed. Does this mean my valves need to be adjusted with feeler or is that normal? It not open like crazy just a little open like 2 cm.

2 cm would be an absolutely HUGE opening in terms of valve lift.