HybridZ

I thought I would share some of the progress on my project RoninZ. 

Awhile back I wanted to do something different but still make my s30 handle better. Also wanted to find parts easily (cheaply). I asked and search for anyone that had done an s13 IRS swap into the s30 and found some old posts here in HZ and other forums. well I pulled the trigger and canibalized my s13 and put as much parts into the s30.  The engine was going in also (sr20det) but that changed which is another topic. Anyway the IRS went in, a lot easier than I thought but, because of engine choice I couldn't use the s13 front suspension, and the z suspension was pitched.

So, this brings me to this topic. I did some research and decided that I wanted to do the Double Wishbone/A-Arm suspension. I went with CA Chassishttps://www.cachassisworks.com/p-1556-a-arm-suspension-4x2-crossmember-custom-fit-factory-welded-crossmember-only.aspx

Here is the crossmember with the disc before install on frame

subframe before install

Here is the top view after install and fenders refabbed. 

front subframe

Here is the A-Arms from underneath 

brake And shock

It included a manual rack and pinion

rack And pinion

The kit included double adjustable Coilovers and 13"Wilwood brakes (overkill?)

20160421 140646

Still at the shop and has not been on the road yet. I am hoping to go on Road courses with this car this summer.
Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...