HybridZ

Broken rear upright

That's right, legends spacer is the one. They're adjustable so don't need precise machining. On another forum they were talking about AL vs steel hubs and saying that AL hubs can be a problem because they expand more and change the bearing settings. I think the idea was that you need the bearings loose when cool so that they'll be right when warm. Don't know how you'd go about figuring out the right setting with a spacer, other than to set it while hot, which seems a bit fiddly, working with 300 degree parts and tiny allen wrenches, etc.

You can see my gusset here: 252320_481898171856544_2074424261_n.jpg?

So concernsus seems to be low cycle fatigue based on looking at the fracture face. I didn't hit anything and haven't had an off In a couple years. Used lots of curbs at VIR but the medieval gators are on the left side and this is right. Only thing I can figure is Friday the gland but backed out completely (fixed fFriday night) on this strut them the upright snapped middle of Saturday. Can't see how that would drive huge load into the upright but don't know what else. Also depends on how truly low the low cycle fatigue was? Bottom line is it was not a slow fatigue over the last 44 years but something much more recent.