HybridZ

CX Racing suspension parts....

The Hyme joints look cheap. On a part as critical as tc rods and front a arms, no thanks. I have TTT and it is QUALITY. Worth the extra $250.

Pretty sure CXracing makes their stuff in china.

Edited by 240zdan

I was worried/critical of CXR for the same origin of manufacturing reasons..... I pulled the trigger on the LS swap kit and I've been very happy with I got overall.  I only posted this to see if anyone out there has tried it out or seen it person.  I'm always looking for good and new products available for the 240 Z at a fair price. My experience has been typically "you get which you pay for". It looks really close or the same (maybe a cheap copy) of what is out there now other than TTT and AZC both of which build high-quality products. Here is a side by side of SMM and CXR.  I bought my 4 corner Wilwood from SMM and the product great...... I bought my LS swap Kit including LT headers and product is great..... I may contact CXR and try to get some more info for HBZ family. 

post-38304-0-48409000-1464356333_thumb.jpg

post-38304-0-89583800-1464356417_thumb.jpg

When you're dealing with parts like engine mounts, intercoolers, piping and oil pans, then CXracing is fine. But on something like a suspension part I refuse to have chinese parts on my vehicle.

Just from looking at the picture you can tell they use cheap rodends that will wear out over time, probably made of a low grade metal which coudl potentially snap, along with the bends of the bracket. Those look awful, it looks like the nut wont even seat on a flat surface. I question the fasteners as well. Chinese crap usually doesn't come with proper graded fasteners.

The question is whether or not the 1-200 savings are worth the risk to you. I have over 20k in my Z so I wont sweat about a few hundred dollars.

And I can almost guarantee you they are made in China, contact them and ask ;)

Edited by 240zdan

• 1 month later...

Quality stuff isn't made in China.

Aurora rod ends aren't made in China.

Tilton, Wilwood, Ground-Control are not made in China.

Koni, Eibach, and HRS springs are not made in China.

If you want a nice car, make it from quality components.

If you want a crap car, make it from crap components.

Quality heim joints for cheap is pretty much an oxymoron. 

A decent rated heim joint is going to be about 40$ to start, a really quality one is about $150 a joint. Replace 4 and you are looking at $160 minimum. I bought 6 for my rear control arms and I'm pretty sure they will need to be replaced within a year or so. 

I'm not sure what techno toy does, but their joints are quite oversized so there is reassurance in that matter.

The way I look at it, the cheap stuff will fail near the advertised failure point. Nicer things will fail usually above. Intercooler/piping if it holds 20lbs instead of 25lbs, no big loss. However if a bolt or something breaks as you near the limit on your suspension then much bigger problem.

I think CX racing is actually on the forum here, it would be nice if they chime in with some numbers and testing scenarios. 

Edit: Also I noticed what zdan was quoting in his picture. Those rod ends almost look like they are cast.

Edited by seattlejester

I have Aurora XAM-10T rod ends in my rear control arms.  I have been using and abusing them since 2004.  They are still tight yet move freely.  I bought some cheaper QA-1 rod ends for my front tension/compression rods 3 years ago.  They already have noticeable slop.  I will spend the extra money to replace them with Aurora (or similar quality) rod ends in the near future.

For most things in life, you get what you pay for.

"Made in China" is in no way a label for crap. You would be amazed at what OEM manufacturers export from China whith the highest grades of alloys and precision manufacturing capability. It's all in the specifications and what quality you desire. On the other hand, if the part was not designed by a reputable company with robust quality control, then you may well be buying crap no matter what the country of origin is. And yes, you usually get what you pay for.

I remember when all the "crap" was made in Japan. I expect China's manufacturing history to follow the same pattern. And eventually they will all go the way of the US, specifically Detroit. It seems to be the natural cycle. Ever read about the era when Greece was a super power? The Greeks probably said: "Don't buy any of that Roman crap."

I will add the caveat that much of the Chinese made car parts that I have purchased are of lower quality than similar parts that were manufactured in the US, England, Australia, Germany, or Japan.  I have had specific problems with ball joints, tie rod ends, master cylinders and rod ends.  A good friend of mine runs a race shop where he works on many customers vehicles.  He has told me many horror stories of customers bringing him their cars and some new Chinese parts to install.  He ends up spending many hours trying to get the Chinese parts to fit. Often hoe has had to tell the customer to buy a correct fitting quality part and to throw the Chinese crap in the garbage can.  I agree that the quality of Chinese made auto parts is improving, but for the most part is still of inferior quality.

I also don't like supporting Chinese business.  They can only supply cheap parts because they pay their workers next to nothing.  The Chinese also are in the habit copying designs of American manufacturers and then selling them in our market for less than the original manufacturer can produce them.  Just look at the Chinese knock-offs of Edelbrock heads and intake manifolds and of Wilwood spindles.  The quality of these knock-offs is very much inferior to the originals but they sell enough of this crap to hurt the people who originally design and market the product.

Everyone can make up their own mind on how they want to spend their money, but I do not want to support the Chinese business practices nor do I want to hurt true innovators in the automotive performance market.  I will spend the extra money on Aurora, Tilton, Crower, Edelbrock, CCW, etc...

The only thing I will add to this thread is that I've been seeing a lot more counterfeit parts.  So if you see a really low price for what are typically premium brand parts and they are new take a really good look.  I got a set of low cost "GM" ls7 lifters that ruined an engine.

Cary