HybridZ

LS Plastic tank 240Z Regulator questions

I have a 2002 plastic camaro LS fuel tank. The picture below is identical to my setup. I read that the fuel pressure is regulated inside the tank. Can anyone verify this?

I'm trying to figure out how to run the fuel lines. Most chev guys just one line from the front and mount a corvette regulator/fuel filter in the back with a short return line on there non camaro tank setups

46_ls1tank_1.jpg

The 99-02 Camaro pumps are internally regulated. All you need to do is run a filter then tee it off back to the return port and that is where the regulation comes from. Then a single line to the fuel rails. This is what I have read and am planning on using.

I'm doing the feed line to the Corvette filter/regulator. The Corvette filter/regulator has a return line on it, so that goes back the return on Camaro tank. I had not realized the Camaro tank had a built in regulator, so I hope this doesn't cause issues.

When you figure out the wiring for the Camaro tank, let me know :-D

Yes internally regulated. Run through filter to tee. One side goes back to regulator in the tank and the other side to the fuel rail. I don't think you would want to add a second regulator as it may become unstable as the regulators potentially fight each other. And if you want to go cheapest route then reuse all the Camaro bits - the fittings, the tee, the hard lines, the filter, etc.

Edited by heavy85

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-4939-gm-integrated-fuel-filter-regulator-for-c5c6-corvette-return-style-system.aspx

the c5/c6 had a filter that regulated the fuel as well, two in one kind of deal.

Edit: my bad, you probably already know about this filter/regulator. Yes the camaro regulator is in the stock camaro tank.

Edited by disepyon

I'm doing the feed line to the Corvette filter/regulator. The Corvette filter/regulator has a return line on it, so that goes back the return on Camaro tank. I had not realized the Camaro tank had a built in regulator, so I hope this doesn't cause issues.

When you figure out the wiring for the Camaro tank, let me know :-D

P1000416_zpsleqmakxu.jpg

Here's my set-up, an '02 Z28 tank feeding an '06 Goat motor with a Speartech engine harness. I had Speartech retain all the tank's emissions, so I did have to run a vent line up to the engine. Well worth the effort I thought,  to avoid having a garage full of gas fumes... and it doesn't cost any hp.

At the tank it's wired like so-

Fuel pump wiring-  Grey is power

Black is ground

Fuel tank pressure-  Grey w/ black stripe is power

Green is signal to ECU

Orange w/ black stripe is ground

Fuel tank vent-  Pink is power

White is signal to ECU

• 2 weeks later...