HybridZ

Marugen Shokai Flares & Universal Flare Replicas

miky360

Hey guys,

As you all know Marugen Shokai is known to have really high quality ZG style flares. I wanted to gauge who would be interested in a 3D scanned replica set of the flares. RHD is selling them for $260USD plus shipping from Japan. I'll be shipping from Canada but not exactly sure how I'd price it. It all depends on the interest level. More or less around $240. Doesn't seem like much of a difference but you'd be saving on the shipping from Canada rather than Japan.

Now I also wanted to gauge on who would be interested in a set of universal style flares. Pricing will approximately be about $175USD. These won't fit as flush as the Marugen Shokais but the price difference reflects that.

Now how many of you guys would be willing to pre-order or possibly a group buy? Check us out on Facebook also. Www.facebook.com/Route401Racing

Currently building a super lightweight as much carbon as possible s30 :)

the marugen shoukai flares are already a bargain at the price they sell from rhdjapan. please dont copy them for profit like the countless others.. =(

Take pride in owning a part made in japan. Shipping of the marugen flares from rhdjapan doesnt even take that long either. 

Edited by Hypertek
  • Like 1

I totally understand your view. I'm personally the same way with my personal parts. But... when a good majority of the board are running Rotas or AR's or Other banana spoke style wheels that aren't Watanabe's, they aren't too concerened about JDM authenticity. To each his own. 

If you could make a set from something more durable than hand-laid fiberglass, it would be a unique product that would benefit the universe. I'm not sure what the copyright laws dictate, but it would be a good thing for the community, but like described above, Id hate to see an artist get screwed. I remember when all the pop-out surfboards started coming out of Asia.... As nations go, it's a double-edge sword, but it is somehow different when you know the guy you'd be burning in the process. Maybe he would license the use of his flares as a template? Not if he's smart... But if you made them just enough different to qualify as somehow unique...