#123 1969honda

1969honda

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNear: Logan, Utah, United States

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

That's is beautiful, really clean and professional appearance!

#124 Richard Oben

Richard Oben

Always Here

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:52 PM

The attention to detail is excellent.  I found the Dry Ice to work the best too!  Really nice work, it is coming together very well.  Inspiring to stay the least.  Richard. 

#125 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX, US

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

That's is beautiful, really clean and professional appearance!

The attention to detail is excellent.  I found the Dry Ice to work the best too!  Really nice work, it is coming together very well.  Inspiring to stay the least.  Richard. 

Thanks for the kind words you guys.

#126 v8dats

v8dats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationPinellas county, Fl

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

Beautiful work! I would be very proud to own that.
TO Z OR NOT TO Z...

#127 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:39 PM

Beautiful work! I would be very proud to own that.

I appreciate the kind words. Thank you.

#128 softopz

softopz

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:53 PM

Just Read all 7 pages VERY NICE. The fact that you did all of this work since June is even more impressive

Edited by softopz, 13 December 2016 - 01:57 PM.

#129 DomiNATE

DomiNATE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

Yea this is fantastic.  So clean and well thought out.  Glad you found your inspiration again, keep us updated!  This will no doubt inspire others.

s-l1600 (4) si.jpg

Somewhere between Baltimore and DC. 1975 280z, LS1 motor, 4L60E trans.  

#130 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:12 AM

Just Read all 7 pages VERY NICE. The fact that you did all of this work since June is even more impressive

Yea this is fantastic.  So clean and well thought out.  Glad you found your inspiration again, keep us updated!  This will no doubt inspire others.

Thanks guys! My schedule is always jam packed during the holidays. If all goes as planned I'll have another update late January/early February.

#131 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:09 PM

Woo Hoo! A post holiday's update.  I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season.  This is one of, if not the busiest time of year for me. Got the regular holidays plus my daughter's birthday. Which is exactly 1 week before Christmas. Makes for a busy finish to the year no mater how much preparation is done.  With the holidays out of the way,  I finally got sometime to spend in the garage. 

To kick this update off I removed the kit to gain access to my wastegates. That way I could install my wastegate springs. I paired the green & red springs which should net me around .7 Bar/10.15 Psi. 

Attached Files

#132 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:09 PM

To make removal/installs go much faster, I opted for some vibrant quick disconnect V-band clamps. 

Attached Files

#133 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

Just a fair warning lube the threaded "bolt" prior to install. I normally do but I forgot to on 1 of them.  Which cause this failure the 1st time I removed it. Another tip is to weld some Stainless Steel threaded stock to replace the threaded rod portion of the V-band. 

Attached Files

#134 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

Figured I'd go ahead & tackle the wastegate signal lines. I hadn't had great luck with hoses or the push-to-connect stuff on previous builds. The push-to-connect tubing would melt. The rubber/silicone does the same, collapses or just blows off. Not saying it doesn't work I just hadn't had greatest luck with it. So my final decision was stainless steel tubing with an/jic fittings. The search began for tubing. All the straight sections were decently priced but shipping was outrageous. Coiled tubing was the answer to keep the cost down. Staying in spirit of budget friendly I made my own tubing straightener. Off shelf units cost upwards of 150-200$. My solution came in around 20$. It isn't the prettiest but it works. Here's some pics of it.  

Attached Files

#135 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:12 PM

I knew I was going to make plenty of flares. So my cheap 37degree flare tool needed to be replaced. I originally purchased the eastwood professional flare tool & 37degree dies. It was a stout tool. Tried it out & it worked flawlessly but, seemed to leave more to be desired. Well of course a week or so later the Mastercool hydraulic flare tool went on sale. The reviews made it sounds like the best thing since sliced bread.  So I purchased & received the Mastercool hydraulic flare tool. For comparison I flared tubing with the Mastercool & Eastwood tools back to back. They both flared steel, aluminum, nicop tubing with equal amount of ease. When it comes stainless steel this is where the tools differ. The Eastwood flare tool took more time & effort to flare the the stainless steel. Flaring the stainless steel was smooth as butter with the Mastercool unit. It took almost no effort. There's no comparison when flaring stainless steel. The Mastercool tool is superior by far. It does more types of flares, & more sizes than the Eastwood unit. If you're on the fence about what flare tool to purchase buy the Mastercool hydraulic flare tool. The price is a hard pill to swallow but you'll be blown away by the Mastercool unit. With that said I sent my Eastwood back for return. I also picked Eastwood debur tool. Which I couldn't be happier with.

Attached Files

#136 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:13 PM

Luckily I had switched to the quick disconnect V-band clamps, so install & removal was a breeze. I already had a rough idea where the boost solenoid would be located. With all the tooling figured out, I began to fabricate my hardlines. I used 1/4" 20ga Stainless Steel tubing. Paired with Parker 4 an/jic tube nuts & sleeves. It took a decent amount of time but, I couldn't be happier with the end result.

Attached Files

#137 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

Next I mounted my 4 port Mac Valve & tapped my compressor housing for my boost reference signal. Tied it all together with some 4an hoses I made.

Attached Files

#138 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

I tackled the turbo feed & drain lines next. DEI Firesleeve was used to protect the turbo drain.

Attached Files

#139 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:16 PM

Got the IAT & Swirl pot bungs welded up. 

Attached Files

#140 nismo kid

nismo kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:17 PM

Began focusing on how to keep the engine cool. So I Installed a 186F thermostat & all coolant tubing.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users