HybridZ

Need help with JWT set up

Logoleaf

Hi everyone,

I've been asked for help a while back for JWT set up on a l28et but didnt get a specific answers. So, now give it another shot to see if there's some one out there have done in a mean while.

I have all the necessary parts to put together as JWT have required.

550cc injectors, 300zx auto eccu, cobra maf sensor, msd 6 plus, msd ignition coil,

Engine:

89mm bored, p90 head, kamenari head gasket, shneider cam.

All components are still apart yet. Need a big help to walk me through the JWT set up (the ECCU wiring). Hope some one here have gone through this and want to share their knowledge to newbies that come after. Thanks to all the pro's in advance.

Kevin,

Hi everyone,

I've been asked for help a while back for JWT set up on a l28et but didnt get a specific answers

Post the link to all of the advice you've already received.  At least acknowledge the help you got, even if it wasn't enough.

Berbard,

I can follow the pdf but it is just a diagram of how it is setup. Im looking for help with the eccu pin out connection. I have read enought about it but still confuse. The ecu pin out that is available is for a 240sx. The one i have is 1989 300zx auto. I dont know if those two are same pin out or not but the more i read, the more im confused. So, i would better ask for some one that have already went through this set up. That would be nice.

Has your ecu been remapped by JWT ? I am running the same set up but the PO installed it. It always is on the rich side. Make sure your MAF is away from the turbo. I assume you have been to there web site. If you are nice and have specific questions they are very helpful but you must be specific. 

Which website is it?

I have the maf installed all the way on the right of the radiator. My ecu been repapped by the guy Jason in san diego. Dont know how it works yet since i never have it hook up. Im stuck with it for a while now. Thanks malibud

Bernardd,

He is somewhere in sandiego, dont know exactly. I only in touch with him via email. His is ecutunerguy@googlemail.com

I didnt have a chance to test the pic yet. I hope it is ok.

Newzd,

Thanks for the links

Considering all, wouldn't he really be better off going with Megasquirt?  The odds of getting something that runs well at the end seem better.  Even if he gets all of the wires right, he's stuck with whatever "tune" has been flashed to the chip, which may or may not be right for that collection of parts.  

And it's not really a JWT chip or ECU if "ecutunerguy" flashed it, is it?  It's an ecutunerguy setup.  Probably shouldn't even be mentioning JWT.

• 2 weeks later...

Bernardd,

He sent me only eprom. My ecu is 1989 auto. Which is based on JWT required parts. Now, i have just bought the 300zx distributor. I didnt do any mods to the ecu yet. I've been moving and remodeling my new house, so it will be hard for me to looking for my parts to take photo. Sorry, but i will do when i start to go back work on my Z.

NewZd,

That's exactly what i've been thinking of. If i have to go that route, what im gonna do with those parts that i have collected for JWT set up? Btw, which megasquirt would you recommend? What parts do i need to collect for a megasquirt set up? Thanks

• 2 months later...