HybridZ

AZC Billet Dog legs - What Sway bars

I'm looking to run the AZC Moustache Bar and Dog legs so I can run a rear mount sway bar in order to remove my current stock mount bar so I can extend my frame rails. 

I'm just checking what sway bar options I have?

I don't really want to run a thicker bar than stock so which bar is the best?

Why don't you want to use a sway bar that's thicker than stock? I think you might have a hard time finding a rear mount in the stock size, as most people upgrade for stiffer bars.  I went with the suspension techniques sway bar kit and I'm very happy with the quality of the kit.  It did include rear mount drop links, and all hardware and bushings needed.  I can't comment on the ride quality or performance of the bar, I have yet to actually drive my car.  However, a previous car of mine was a mini cooper s and I installed a stiffer sway bar in the rear of that car.  It still rode just as well as it did with the stock bar but cornered a whole lot better than it did with the stocker.  That being said, we all have our own preferences and reasons for what we want... perhaps there is a rear mount bar in the same thickness as stock.  

I like how it handles on the stock bars, I don't like to run thick bars on most of my cars. Just preference.

I don't want to increase tendency to oversteer and my cars roll is fine with the stock one, adding a stiffer one could mess up how I have it setup to handle.

Hey preference is preference, I don't blame you.  A quick google search came up with DP racing who make a 5/8" adjustable rear-mount bar including drop links.  Pretty nice looking kit but a little pricey.  Here's a link:  http://www.dpracing.co/#!datsun-z-front-suspension-1/cgfl Also, perhaps you could fab in front mount rear sway bar mounts with your extended frame rails and use the stock bar.  I don't know what you're doing exactly but I bet there's a way to make that work.  That being said, the rear mount bars work much better.  

Hey preference is preference, I don't blame you.  A quick google search came up with DP racing who make a 5/8" adjustable rear-mount bar including drop links.  Pretty nice looking kit but a little pricey.  Here's a link:  http://www.dpracing.co/#!datsun-z-front-suspension-1/cgfl 

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

So, it seems that any kit for a Z that is sold as a rear mount should fit the AZC setup?

Also, perhaps you could fab in front mount rear sway bar mounts with your extended frame rails and use the stock bar.  I don't know what you're doing exactly but I bet there's a way to make that work.  That being said, the rear mount bars work much better.  

That might be possible, as long as it won't make the bar hang too low and risk catching, I'll need to have a closer look and see what I can work out. Would certainly be better option as the rear mount bars also looks very lose to the CV shafts on any builds I've seen.

I assume that any rear mount bar would work with the AZC setup but I don't have the AZC setup and as such am not too familiar with the specifics about it.  To be sure I would email them and ask about any fitment issues. I don't see why there would be any issue though.  

I've definitely heard of many having problems with CV's and sway bars.  It seems that shortening the end links can often get the CV's to clear.  Unfortunately, there is always going to be some finagling to do when fitting a number of parts together that weren't really designed with the s30 chassis in mind.  

• 2 weeks later...